Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Never seen someone so irate over not having a problem...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never seen someone so irate over not having a problem...

Greetings fellow SC-haters. Here's a good-un for ya.

My dad sometimes flips used cars to make a little side money. The one he currently has was having electrical problems. We thought we'd narrowed it to the alternator, so we popped it off and i took it to a local auto electric shop to have it checked out.
    I walk in the front door of this place and the only people i see are the gentleman who was working, and another customer who shall henceforth be known as BOM 3 (Bitchy Old Man the 3rd). So i walk in to BOM3 yelling and swearing at G (gentleman worker). I wasn't able to catch the whole conversation but i heard enough to know that BOM3 swore up and down that he had a problem with the part he was having looked at (Heater motor i believe) when his car reached a certain RPM. The worker stayed calm the whole time ( patience of a saint, apparently). The worker explained to the old man that he's got this part on his machine testing it at a higher rpm than where the alleged problem was occurring and wasn't detecting any problems with it. The old man said somethings along the lines of "Just take the damn thing off the machine and give it back to me so i can get the hell out of here" and "thanks for nothing" and i'm pretty sure he said something about the worker being useless. Anyway, after a few minutes of that, the old man stormed out and the worker called me to the counter and apologized for BOM3's behavior. I wasn't bothered by it personally, but someone BOM3's age should really know how to act.

if anything ... i've learned from this site that "suckiness" has no age limits.

Comment

Most of my worst SCs are in that age range. Not sure why. Some old folks are cool as hell and others, well...
      I'm sorry, but I've reached my maximum allowable exposure to stupidity limit for the day. I'll have to get back to you tomorrow.

Comment

I don't condone the SC's behavior at all. He could've been a lot nicer. However, I do understand the frustration of something being wrong when you're using the vehicle and it not showing up when getting checked out. My remote start and locks were giving me trouble, and whenever my parents took my car into the dealership, they always said that it worked perfectly for them. I no longer have remote start or locks because they crapped out shortly after, and it was just outside of warranty.

As I said though, no reason to be a jerk.

Comment

Quoth PhiSigGirl1988 View Post
          I don't condone the SC's behavior at all. He could've been a lot nicer. However, I do understand the frustration of something being wrong when you're using the vehicle and it not showing up when getting checked out. My remote start and locks were giving me trouble, and whenever my parents took my car into the dealership, they always said that it worked perfectly for them. I no longer have remote start or locks because they crapped out shortly after, and it was just outside of warranty.

As I said though, no reason to be a jerk.
          In the repair center, we called this, "technicianitis," because the customer brought the product in with a problem and for the tech it would behave perfectly. Not the customer's fault, because a) we're talking shop environment and b) the worst sort of problem to deal with is an intermittent one. I had to occasionally ask customers to bring the item back in when it finally crapped out, because the tech could not force it to do it's "trick," without using blunt force trauma.

BOM3, however, was a sucky for taking an attitude with G. I mean, it could be an intermittent problem or *gasp* another part causing the problem all together! He could have just done the grown up thing, accepted that the problem couldn't be recreated and moved on.
          If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Working...
          X