X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being a lead sucks ASS!!!!!!!!!

Being a Lead SUCKS ASS!!!!!!

Being a lead is NOT what I expected. They "promoted" me to lead because I bust my ass and get things done. But being a Lead means MORE responsibilities. Normally that would be no problem BUT....

I am NOT authorized to distribute some responsibilities to other cw's that work on the same level as I.

If other cw's on the same or lesser pay scale do not get all their duties done I am responsible for getting them done in addition to my own.

Being lead means I AM responsible for getting back stock put away by the end if my shift EVEN THOUGH there may be other cw's there.*
    (there are exceptions to this however)

Apparently I am also responsible for closer duties in the am if they are not done at night when they are supposed to be.

Being lead does NOT mean I get a raise

The only thing I can do is tell checkers when they want me do do something is that my plate is full and I'll help them as soon as I can. They Havent put a stop to that (yet, but I have a feeling they will)

So I'm just gonna continue to do what I'm supposed to do. Except that I'm
    Not going to take the fall if someone screws up... They are on their own. (they just don't know it yet)
    NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

You can get a promotion without a raise??

WHAT?!
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

You can definitely ask for a raise. You can also be turned down for it, of course. But you can also put your new job title on your resume and send it to other companies.

Comment

You can also tell your bosses 'Look, I appreciate the confidence you've shown in me with this promotion but I really need to decline the honor.'
        You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

It's not really a promotion per sé, but a 'management created title' I know why they picked me and I'm honored, but I really didn't want it. They said "ive been there the longest" sonyhat makes me lead automatically. But I STILL don't want the title.

Comment

You can still refuse it.

You can also negotiate it.

Make a list of the duties they've given you, and make a matching list of the authorities you would need to have, to properly perform those duties.

Any authorities they refuse to give you, cross off the corresponding duty. Point out that without the authority, you - anyone, everyone - are incapable of performing the duty.

Take the remaining duties, sit down at various jobseeking sites, and figure out how much you should be being paid, based on those duties. Print out the job ads that are proof of what you should be being paid.

Now armed with your task list, your authority list, and the going rate for your new job - negotiate a pay increase.

If they turn it down, you already have a list of places to apply to!
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

So basically you have more responsibility, but no increase in authority or paycheck to match?

Comment

Yep. But I'm gonna try and talk to them and see if they can't get someone meme else or get rid of this "promotion"

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
                  Honestly, that sounds more like they've given 'doormat' a pretty name. While it may look good on a resume, it is also a slap in the face to have all this responsibility loaded on you but none of the other perks...such as a pay increase.
                  Agree. There is nothing wrong in declining a 'promotion' that offers no benefits whatsoever. Furthermore, it looks more like a clever tactic used by your supervisor to do less and still be able to hold one viable person responsible should it hit the fan. Maybe the next title you'll be promoted to will be "Assistant to the Regional Manager".
                  Last edited by Josh; 01-01-2013, 02:51 AM.
                  “The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.”
                  ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

Working...
                  X