Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You mean we have to put the sugar in OURSELVES?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You mean we have to put the sugar in OURSELVES?

I was wandering around the Bay's flagship store when I came upon the Nespresso stand.

Me:
    BL: bewildered lady
    SPM: sample man
    SC: sucky lady

Nespresso OOPS #1!

I saw a line of customers. It didn't click to me that they were lining up to BUY stuff, rather than sample coffee.

Me: Do we have to BUY samples now?
    BL: Huh?
    Me: Well, you're lining up, so I thought...
    BL: This is the STORE. Samples are over there (points to her right, where the tastings were being held)

Nespresso OOPS #2!

I headed over to the tasting bar, where a crowd was already there. I waited patiently until it was my turn:

Me: Which of the samples are the sweet ones (I heard the word "sweet" somewhere in SPM's conversation with another customer)
    SPM: (bewildered look) They're all espressoes.

Nespresso SUCK!

Now we get to the piece de resistance. SC is standing to my left when this is happening.

Me: OK, which ones have the nutty flavor then?

He showed me which one, and I ordered it.

SPM: Cream and sugar?
    Me: Yes, please.

He hands me two packages, one for the sugar and one for the stirrer. This is important.

1 minute later...

Me: Do you have any low-calorie sweetener instead?
    SPM: Sure! (switches sugar for Sweet-N-Low)
    SC: (watching me tear the package open and pouring it into coffee) You mean we have to put the sugar in OURSELVES?!?!?
    Me: Yes.

Me (thinking): Of course we do, Ms. SC. It's to spare you the headache of hiring a lawyer if the sugar is poured wrong.
    Last edited by cindybubbles; 01-02-2013, 12:10 AM.
    cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Ah, yes, Nespresso. A true insult to coffee lovers everywhere.

I work for a company that was bought by Nestle several years ago. One of the first things they did was to get rid of our fresh-brew coffee service and replace it with a Nespresso automatic machine. We just keep it filled with the magic powders and push a button and presto - instant Instant Coffee. Yuk.

Oh, and Nestle charges us to have this - more than our fresh-brew service used to charge!

(And if any of you repeat this, I'll deny it all.)

(Rumor has it that we may actually be getting our fresh-brewed coffee back. We can only hope...)
    I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
      Ah, yes, Nespresso. A true insult to coffee lovers everywhere.

I work for a company that was bought by Nestle several years ago. One of the first things they did was to get rid of our fresh-brew coffee service and replace it with a Nespresso automatic machine. We just keep it filled with the magic powders and push a button and presto - instant Instant Coffee. Yuk.
      We have a similar machine at my hotel. It dispenses either hot chocolate or latte. Both come in powdered form. Never tried the latte though since I don't drink coffee. Hot chocolate is very delicious however.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

SC: (watching me tear the package open and pouring it into coffee) You mean we have to put the sugar in OURSELVES?!?!?
        Wow. Does Mommy cut the meat for them still too? But seriously why wouldn't you want to do your own sugar? What I consider sweet may not be what they consider sweet. yeesh

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
          Wow. Does Mommy cut the meat for them still too? But seriously why wouldn't you want to do your own sugar? What I consider sweet may not be what they consider sweet. yeesh
          She may have overheard me asking about "sweet" coffees and when the man said that they were espressos, must have thought that he said "all of them are sweet". As a sugar addict, I took it to mean "none of them are sweet", though.

By the way, I know that coffee alone is either not sweet or not as sweet as we'd like it to be. Hence, the need for sweetener.

She also asked what that container is that was on the counter. I told her that it was the cream and left it for her to use.
          Last edited by cindybubbles; 01-02-2013, 12:09 AM.
          cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
            What I consider sweet may not be what they consider sweet. yeesh
            Heh. This is the basis of a long-standing friendly argument between the Hubster and I. I am extremely sensitive to sugar. My coffee has just a tiny spoonful of sugar in it and that's perfect for me. DH puts about 5 packets worth of sugar in his coffee and can't understand how I can drink coffee that to him tastes like there's no sugar in it at all. While I don't get how he doesn't realize he's drinking basically coffee syrup.
            What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Nespresso is a coffee machine like a Keurig that uses little individual coffee packs too correct? I love my Keurig except the times my daughter leaves her Earl Grey tea -shudders- packs in it and I want straight hot water and don't pay attention before pressing the button.
              Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Working...
              X