This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love the phones.

I'm going to relate this as best as I can recall it, because it was late, the caller was amazingly drunk, and after I got him off the phone I collapsed in a laughter-induced coughing fit because I'm just getting over the flu.

It should be noted that I'm one of the few people in my department who will make an attempt with absolutely anything on the phone, mainly because it's no worse than the crap I got doing cold calling for an insurance company.

Me: "Electronics."
    Caller: "Yeeeaah yesserdah I was in der an I bou' a Uniden phone an can' geh ma call-i-dee t'work wif... *mumble mumble mumble* phone."
    Me: "Sir? I couldn't make out what you were saying."
    Caller: "What?"
    Me: "I couldn't hear you."
    Caller: "I said yesserdah I bou' a Uniden phone an' *mumble mumble* call-i-dee idn' workin."
    Me: "Okay, I'm not really sure how to service those, sir. You might call back when the phone desk is open."
    Caller: *rambles for a while about his caller ID again - I quit listening because I had a customer in front of me*
    Me: "Again, you should call back tomorrow. Our phone person is already gone for the night."
    Caller: "Call ya back? They go' wan' a model nummer? Whereat?"
    Me: "The model number? That might help them. It will be on the box or the user manual."
    Caller: "Om boxxer usah mannel? Da papahs? Came wif papahs."
    Me: "Yes, the papers. The phone desk is open 9 AM to 9 PM."
    Caller: "Wattime I callya back? Nineta... nineta..."
    Me: "Nine to Nine, sir."
    Caller: "Nintanine... An' mah model nummer."
    Me: "Yes, sir."
    Caller: "Allrigh' ah thankya."
    Me: "Have a good evening." *and finally end that call*

I later learned that I was the fourth person he'd gotten hold of in the past 15 minutes.

M listened to him for a bit before hanging up on him first, and apparently his issue was that he couldn't get his caller ID to work with his internet.

Then J got the next call, listened for a few seconds, and told him "Liquor is in the grocery department" before hanging up.

Then he got M again, who hung up immediately and said "We ought to call an ambulance for that man, I think he has alcohol poisoning."
    » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «
Working...
X