This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hate call. And I'm not even on call.

It's not my weekend on call. So imagine my surprise when my phone rings at 145a on a Sunday morning (after having stayed out late Saturday night because it's not my weekend). It's D saying <hospital> can't get ahold of C and D's on call for <other hospital> and M is on for cardio in the morning (can't do both general and cardio without a backup), so is there anyway I can come in and do the scan as they've been trying to get ahold of C for over 2hrs at this point.

Ugh. Fine.

I guess I should be thankful everything ran smoothly and I didn't have to wait too long for my patient. Which is good because I was so not in the mood and likely would have said something that might have gotten me fired later. Still, I didn't get home until around 445a, might have gotten back to sleep around 530a. My dogs woke me up a little after 10a and I still feel like death warmed over.

It's not unheard of for C to have issues with her pager, which is apparently what happened. Don't get me wrong, I like C as a person and I enjoy working with her. But between pager issues and things in her personal life spilling over to the workplace, there are times I want to thump her. Like last night/this morning. Methinks she needs a new pager.

Sorry if this is all jumbled and not making much sense. I literally just woke up. Where's my caffeinated beverage....?
    I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

methinks she needs to stop turning her pager off when she doesnt feel like being called out.

Comment

Working...
    X