This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait your turn!

So DaDairyDruid and I had to go to Micro Center yesterday to do a return. My computer just doesn't like wifi cards, so we took the one that wasn't working back. As we're waiting in the line, an older man comes up and practically pushes me out of the way. I can't understand what he's saying, and he manages to cut to the front of the line. I should have told him no and to wait his turn. He was pretty much ignored by those who were waiting on other customers, but he did finally get helped.

Apparently, from what we could gather, he'd bought some computer or maybe parts or something along those lines and things weren't working. The CSR told him that he was to have bought some sort of protection plan, but because he didn't, he was going to get a refund based on the current selling price of the item he had (I also think he lost his receipt too). I think he started arguing with her about how it wasn't fair, he didn't need it, etc. and I think at one point told her that it wasn't offered, because I heard her mumbling about being told to her face that she didnt' say what she'd said.

Of course he pulled the usual SC cards - "I buy here all the time, I'm your best customer, how can you treat your best customer this way."

When we left, the manager came to talk to the man, but it seemed like they weren't going to budge of giving him the full price of the item when he bought it, only the current selling price.

I mentioned to DaDairyDruid as we were leaving the line - "See this is why I need to print up Customers Suck cards and hand them out to people when they have to deal with crap like this." The CSR helping us smiled, so maybe she knew about the site.
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Of course he pulled the usual SC cards - "I buy here all the time, I'm your best customer, how can you treat your best customer this way."
    In that case he doesn't need to be "offered" a protection plan. If he's such a good customer he'd know enough to ASK if it's available for the item.

Comment

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
      The CSR told him that he was to have bought some sort of protection plan, but because he didn't, he was going to get a refund based on the current selling price of the item he had (I also think he lost his receipt too).
      The latter is the reason for the former. The staff can actually look up the receipt a lot easier if the customer's name is in the system which a protection plan requires.
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

At Micro Center they can in fact look up purchase by your name if you've registered with them. Since I am and the only time we go is together, it's under my name. Admittedly, we were SCs because no matter where we looked, we couldn't find the receipt. But they were able to pull up a duplicate without any fuss.

There may be more to the older guys story, it just rubbed me the wrong way that he thought he could muscle his way to the head of the line and get served without anyone saying anything.
        Random conversation:
        Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
        DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Working...
        X