This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They see what they want to see

Even though I work in a shoe store, we sell socks, purses, jewelry and other accessories.

Recently, the corporate office decided to mark down a lot of the jewelry we have in the store at clearance prices.

We were instructed that in addition to putting sale tags on the items themselves, and on the the hooks they are hanging from, to put up signs that clearly say "Select Stock Jewelry and Hair Accessories up to 50% Off"

Of course, the 50% off is the biggest type, and the rest is in smaller type. But you can still clearly read it.

So, of course we have had all kinds of customers just reading the 50% off and then getting angry when we tell them that it's SELECT items and that the sale prices are already marked.

The best one, though, was the family looking at all the jewelry and arguing whether or not it is all on sale. Grandma looks at the sign and says, "It says ENTIRE stock blah blah."

I just had to stop and stare for a moment before gently correcting her that it says "select stock."

And then, of course I laughed my butt off after the family left.

Well, select means, whatever ''I" select! So it's everything! This is false advertizing! I'll call the papers on you!!!!
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Working...
    X