This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
    What site is that? Because I could use an alternative to eBay.

I won't use eBay to sell anymore. Which is a shame because I regularly bought and sold gaming material on eBay. But the fee structure takes away practically all my profit, and I got tired of the scammers and the idiots to tried to treat me like I was a regular business (I'm not, just a hobbyist).

I just can't get anything on Amazon to move, and their pricing isn't favorable either. So I've given up on that as well.

Craigslist is too full of scammers and EWs who lowball the price and then expect me to drive too far out of my way to deliver to them. One guy tried to get me to take money off the price because he had to drive an hour to get to my town to pick up the item, and got nasty when I flat out refused.
    The problem with Amazon is that most buyers (myself included) think of them as a store, rather than a flea-market. Thus I pretty much only go there when I'm looking for new stuff. It almost never occurs to me to go there for used/unusual stuff.

Dreamstalker - what site are you using? I wouldn't mind any ebay alternative suggestions.
    Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

The other site I'm using is Bonanza dot com. It's fixed-price, and their SEO can be a bit of a pain to figure out (what keywords will/won't get sent to Google, etc). Sales can be slow--I've had inventory in my booth for upwards of a year--but the upside is it's more geared toward collectibles and the fees are lower (also, possibly because items sit for a while they get more exposure).
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Craigslist is too full of scammers and EWs who lowball the price and then expect me to drive too far out of my way to deliver to them. One guy tried to get me to take money off the price because he had to drive an hour to get to my town to pick up the item, and got nasty when I flat out refused.
        Many years ago I bought an item (don't have facilities to use it yet, but it's something that was discontinued around 20-30 years ago in favour of a simpler and cheaper but inferior version) on eBay that was listed as "local pickup only". Can you say "road trip to Chicago"? Even with a couple tanks of gas, it was a good price for a hard-to-find item (was only bidder - probably because it was a "local pickup only" due to being unmailable).
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Actually the sucky part of my story was with the post office, they never gave me any notices execpt for the final notice. I tried to explain that to the seller and he went off on me, I guess he thought I was another scammer.
          ......../\
          ....../__\
          ..../\...../\
          ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
            Many years ago I bought an item on eBay that was listed as "local pickup only". Can you say "road trip to Chicago"? Even with a couple tanks of gas, it was a good price for a hard-to-find item (was only bidder - probably because it was a "local pickup only" due to being unmailable).
            I did that once. Drove from North Carolina to Pennsylvania to pick up a medical antique I bought that was too heavy to mail. It was a fun road trip. Stopped to see the folks, and did some sightseeing along the way
            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I did that once. Drove from North Carolina to Pennsylvania to pick up a medical antique I bought that was too heavy to mail. It was a fun road trip. Stopped to see the folks, and did some sightseeing along the way
              Furthest I've gone was from Philly area to Connecticut (not far over the border from NY) to get an arcade machine (you can ship them, but you're talking $400 in freight charges, plus damage from ham-handed shipping companies). Kinda fun, but I don't like to do that too often.
              Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Quoth mhkohne View Post
                The problem with Amazon is that most buyers (myself included) think of them as a store, rather than a flea-market. Thus I pretty much only go there when I'm looking for new stuff. It almost never occurs to me to go there for used/unusual stuff.
                Really? Almost everything I get on Amazon is used.

Comment

In order to list something used, it needs to be in Amazon's product catalog first though.
                  "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                  "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

My husband sold a computer once on ebay. We shipped and shortly after we got an email saying that the harddrive was DOA and if send him a brand new one he will call it even. My husband responds that if he sends the hdd back for testing and it is dead that he will. Never heard back.
                    The angels have the phone box.

Comment

Working...
                    X