This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nursing School is like the Heart

I heard this from one of my colleagues today, and it was so funny I had to share it.

It requires some understanding of EKG interpretation.

First semester students are like a 3rd Degree Heart Block. They have the knowledge from class (atrial beats) and the knowledge from clinic (ventricular beats) but they can't put them together in an organized pattern.

First year students are like Atrial Fibrillation: They're starting to get it in clinic (ventricular beats), but are chaotic and confused everywhere else (atrial beats)

2nd year students are like Sinus Bradycardia: they've put the atrial and the ventricular beats together (class and clinic), but they're not yet up to speed.

New graduates are like Sinus Arrhythmia: they're up to speed, but the timing is just a bit off, and they have a lot of ectopy (premature beats).
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

OK, I actually kind of understand that.

I'll have to pass it along to my cardiologist.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

That's cute! And it applies to so much more than nursing, lol.
      I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

I don't understand a word... Might need to pass it on to my nurse aunt and her cardiologist husband though...
        Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Love it.

Comment

That's awesome

Comment

Working...
            X