This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get over it; it's lunch now

Went to the Golden Arches on the border-line of breakfast and lunch. Got a very, very upset woman in front of us. She had two kids, and asked for breakfast.

UW was told that breakfast wasn't there anymore, save for two sausage biscuit sandwiches.

UW looks at her child and declared: "Well sorry, we're not going to have breakfast today."

The kid looks close to crying, but thankfully she doesn't.

UW stays for the next ten minutes, talking about how much this sucks, asking why they changed over so fast, mentions complaining. Meanwhile her daughter is just chipper, getting two toys of her choice, super-excited about it all.

Finally UW leaves.

I like the Golden Arches's breakfast too, but not so much that it'd ruin my week if I didn't get it.

and it's not as if they randomly change the menu over - it's been the same for what, over 10 years?

i mean sure i like breakfast after 11 sometimes too. and that's why I go to places that carry a full menu all day long. i don't go to the places that change the menu over and expect them to carry breakfast over later just because I couldn't get there on time.

and maybe it's me but it sounds more like the kid was crying more because of the way the mom handled it, saying "we're not going to have breakfast today" as if to say "well you're not getting anything now". What the fuck is wrong with just saying, "it looks like we're having lunch instead. what do you want from the lunch menu?"

Last edited by PepperElf; 01-03-2013, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
      *snip*What the fuck is wrong with just saying, "it looks like we're having lunch instead. what do you want from the lunch menu?"

Because that would involve maturity on Mom's part.

Or how about actually making something for her kids ... (Yeah, I know; this might have been a 'treat' outing but from Mom's response I have to admit I've not got a good opinion of her overall.)

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
        Because that would involve maturity on Mom's part.

Or how about actually making something for her kids ... (Yeah, I know; this might have been a 'treat' outing but from Mom's response I have to admit I've not got a good opinion of her overall.)
        kinda like those people who see there's no chicken at KFC and say "How am I gonna feed my family?" ... cos apparently the notion of actually MAKING food is unheard of...

Comment

She could have gone to Denny's. They serve breakfast 24/7...lol.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
            (snip)

and maybe it's me but it sounds more like the kid was crying more because of the way the mom handled it, saying "we're not going to have breakfast today" as if to say "well you're not getting anything now". What the fuck is wrong with just saying, "it looks like we're having lunch instead. what do you want from the lunch menu?"

Parents pull this crap when what their kid wants isn't available for any reason. I shamed one parent by walking up after them and saying in my "mommy loves you," voice to my son, "Hon, they don't have what you want at this time. How about we pick something else. Heck, I'll pick something else too so we'll both try something new!" Tickled the cashier and made the EW parent even more red-faced. Lead by example, that's my style of parenting.
            If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
              She could have gone to Denny's. They serve breakfast 24/7...lol.
              I don't have a Denny's near me, but we do have an IHop.

And on that note, now I'm craving a belgian waffle w/blueberries and whipped cream and a side of hash browns.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
              X