This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A recent sighting at a new Pizza Hut

While staying with the in-laws, we decided we wanted pizza from the new pizza hut just down the road. Placed our order online for pickup (since I felt like getting out anyways )

Well, the new Pizza Hut didn't have things together (entirely) but they had only been open for 5 days at this point (this was a friday night). Didn't matter much to me because I wanted to be out and was just enjoying myself at Pizza Hut. The staff was scrambling to fill orders but there was a lot of confusion. I understood.

Some people were getting quite irritated. One lady took the cake. She was yelling things like "this place isn't going to last!" and "i guess this is where college rejects end up!". The poor cashier looked like she was going to cry. The lady kept going on and on, saying "if this pizza's not ready in 5 minutes i'm walking out!". At least they brought the pizzas out (and to their credit, they were showing everyone their pizzas to make sure they were correct, and they all looked quite good).

After an hour of waiting (too long to be honest) the staff apologized, threw in some nice coupons and sent me on my way with my pizzas. They were excellent, and I called the next day to tell them the pizzas were great and that we'd be back. The manager told me that was the first compliment in a week, and i told her that they would run Domino's out some day.

You can't expect assholes to be understanding. They're just too damn important.

Comment

I wonder how many complained that "I've been eating here for YEARS and the service just keeps getting worse!"
      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Zapper View Post
        You can't expect assholes to be understanding. They're just too damn important.
        I'm pretty sure you meant "impatient."

They're only important in their own heads.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Impotent.
          Is it Asshole Day or what? - MoonCat
          It's ALWAYS Asshole Day. - Jay2KWinger

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
            I wonder how many complained that "I've been eating here for YEARS and the service just keeps getting worse!"
            Posted this before, but it's related to this, so here we go again....

Was training at a bar, and one table asked for separate checks. Told my trainer, he told me we didn't do separate checks, but that he would tell the table this. He did, and they said, "We've been coming here for thirty years, and this has never been a problem." My trainer looked the guy square in the eye and said, "That's interesting, since we've only been open nineteen."

They shut up. And they didn't get separate checks.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
              I'm pretty sure you meant "impatient."

They're only important in their own heads.
              That was the joke, bud. I was just trying to be sarcastic.

There really should be a font for sarcasm, because you never can really tell when it's in print.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                Posted this before, but it's related to this, so here we go again....

Was training at a bar, and one table asked for separate checks. Told my trainer, he told me we didn't do separate checks, but that he would tell the table this. He did, and they said, "We've been coming here for thirty years, and this has never been a problem." My trainer looked the guy square in the eye and said, "That's interesting, since we've only been open nineteen."

They shut up. And they didn't get separate checks.

I love when SCs try to claim they've been visiting a business for X number of years, but the place has only been open for Y number of years. I'd like to experience that one day, so that I can see the look on their faces when I smugly point that little fact out to them.

(Although, I'd have to switch jobs for that. The place I'm at now has been open longer than I've been alive, and I'll be 28 this March).
                my favourite author is neil gaiman. - me
                it is? I don't like potatoes much. - the chatbot I was talking to

Comment

I'd love for an SC to claim to my face that they've been coming to The Bar "for ten years." Since, of course, we've only been open 7, and I've worked there for 6.

"Hope you enjoyed the vacant lot 10 years ago!"

I've lived here 13, and know exactly what was where The Bar was before The Bar.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Zapper View Post
                    There really should be a font for sarcasm, because you never can really tell when it's in print.
                    et viola!
                    http://sartalics.com/

Comment

Quoth Zapper View Post
                      You can't expect assholes to be understanding. They're just too damn impotent.
                      fixed it for you

but yeah, i like being nice to the new stores / employees. i feel any economic success is a success for everyone in the community, and ... well it doesn't make me a better person to be an asshole to someone who's trying.

kinda like one time at arby's the guy serving us was brand new and really trying. i think it made his day when i rang the bell loudly when we left. (the bell = good service, so the manager knows etc).

Comment

Working...
                      X