Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My sister and I...lord, where do I start. Well, first off, it should be noted she lives four hours away. We see each other just a few times a year because of this, usually holidays or when one of her three kids has something going on. We also have the most freakish coincidental type connection. It started out with birthday cards. Yes, birthday cards. We ended up each buying and giving our Dad identical birthday cards several times. After a few times, we just laughed it off, and moved on with life. Then, last Christmas happened, and our freakish connection came back, with a vengeance! First, without knowing it, we each got each other candles as gifts. Second, again without knowing or planning it, we each got her oldest daughter calendars. Third, and weirdest of all...we got her son nearly identical sweatshirts, same brand, same logo, just different colors. Needless to say, we got a good laugh out of it, as well as a nice text conversation when it was all said and done.

Another odd family coincidence type thing is this: My mom had my sister when she was twenty. She ended up with two girls and a boy: my sister, my brother, and, the youngest, myself. My sister then had HER oldest daughter at age twenty, and, you guessed it, ended up with two girls and a boy as well. The only difference was her son is her youngest. I've always gotten a laugh from this whole thing though. Oh, and years that end in 6: Mom was born in 1946, my sister in 1966, oldest niece in 1986, youngest nephew in 1996. Weird? Yes. Welcome to my crazy family, ladies and gentlemen!
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

A couple weeks ago, as I was pulling into the company lot, I saw a red 379 Peterbilt. It was an outside contractor picking up a load, but I did a double-take - the Peterbilt of Natural Selection is (so far as I know) the only 379 in the Arquebus fleet. I mentioned to the driver that it was unusual to see a twin of my truck, and things got a bit wierder - he had bought the truck back when he was driving for Arquebus Motor Freight.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

When I was about 5 years old, our family travelled back to the London area (we had moved out to Norfolk a few years before) for a wedding. When we got to the house, my aunt (mother's sister) opened the door, and she and my mother were wearing exactly the same dress. They lived 150 miles apart, hadn't said anything to each other about what they were going to wear, and had picked out identical dresses (N.B. they are not twins)

Fast forward to my brothers wedding about 15 years later. My cousin - my aunts daughter - turned up at our house with her husband, I opened the door to them - and my cousin and I were wearing the same dress.
        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
          Fast forward to my brothers wedding about 15 years later. My cousin - my aunts daughter - turned up at our house with her husband, I opened the door to them - and my cousin and I were wearing the same dress.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQTqKcojrVY

Comment

yeah...

we bought a new printer that was on sale for half off (floor model) and it's tons better than my old one.

the old printer was in great shape though - nothing wrong with it, fully functional printer/scanner. i was going to donate it to "South 2" derby team for the next yard sale... but when i mentioned it the team secretary asked me what i wanted for it cos... she needed a printer.

so yay - printer for her (no charge cos i was going to give it away anyway) and it's not cluttering up my desk anymore. plus i had extra ink for it too!

Comment

I'm not sure if this counts as a coincidence or not, but it's definitely a sign that someone out there has a sense of humor. One Sunday, shortly after I joined my church, I was having a really hard time finding something decent to wear. I was just grumbling and griping and complaining up a storm. I finally settled on an old dress and off I went.

For those of you unfamiliar with the Episcopal Church, the Bible readings consist of a passage from the Old Testament, a Psalm, a passage from the New Testament, and a Gospel reading. Wouldn't you know it? The Gospel reading was the passage where Jesus tells about how beautifully the lilies are clothed and how we shouldn't worry about what to wear. Talk about timing.
              Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

I can't tell if this qualifies as coincidences or just me adapting.

I work for Harry Potter brand computers doing computer support. I learn a lot about Windows and hone my technique of explaining complicated issues to people who aren't at the same level as I am about something. I leave to go to Elitest Wal-Mart Club.

At the Elitest Wal-Mart Club, I work on how to get people to like me even if they don't know me. I work on small talk (always a low skill for me) and learn to be an advocate. I also learn how to make things easier for myself and how a process makes day-to-day life easier. I get fired (I was miserable anyway).

My wife talks to her boss and suddenly, I have a new job working at the YMCA doing a before and after school program. I don't learn much except my wife can be persuasive when she wants to be. I leave there to work at home for BB Home theater.

I learned nothing except I can't stand working for that employer, anymore.

My wife starts working for a temp agency. They send her to work for a medical supply company. My wife knows how miserable I am. So what does she do? She talks to her boss.

i was signed on with this agency, too. i get a call telling me that a new job had opened up and they were asking for me. Personally. I quit BB.

I work for the supply company. I'm the one with the most tech experience. I explain processes to the infirm and elderly and tell them precisely what they need to do to get what they need (within the law, obviously). I talk to people who are angry and upset and help them understand that I am their advocate. I chat with people waiting for their supplies to get in order. I also stream line the process and make it so I can teach others how to do it. They move me out of the store and into the warehouse. I now do complex rehab (Power wheelchairs and scooters) insurance verification. I work with the manager to help formalize the process. Last week, I helped push through several orders that were gathering dust.

And that job is down the street from my old YMCA job.
                I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Working...
                X