This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth thehuckster View Post
    I think the idea was the bike would become a hazard on the road if it were towed. Either the bike might make the overall girth of the tow too wide to be considered safe or the bike might have fallen off, causing another major risk.
    That was my thinking on this....or some hyper-"legalism" that Agrabaga's firm can tow cars but not bicycles.
    Quoth thehuckster View Post
    Of course, I'm sure tow trucks come with some equipment that can break the lock anyway.
    Like say boltcutters?
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

One time my sis' car got towed. She was over at a friend's apartment and parked in someone else's marked space.

So being my sis, she threw an epic bitch fit. She called my mom and said her car had been stolen. Then said that the space wasn't marked so the tow company was in the wrong. Yeah mom drove over to the friend's apartment, took a picture (during the day) of where sis's car had been parked, then paid for sis's car to get out of impound - with Sis cursing a blue streak at her the entire time.

And mom thinks this is perfectly normal.
      https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
        "Well, see, I don't know if I'm staying here or not"
        Let's weigh out the options. If he goes there will be trouble. If he stays it will be double.
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I don't drive, but I'm pretty sure what would have happened if either my brother or my sister had parked somewhere they shouldn't and then asked for help getting the car back.

Our mother would have lent them the money and expected it to be paid back, pronto.
          Our father would have given them the money, and then teased them about the tow for the rest of his life. They would NEVER hear the end of it. He was pretty easy-going but he never let a chance to yank your chain pass him by.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

My parents response to a parking ticket I got in college was, "put on your big girl panties and deal with it."

I've never been towed. I knew I'd have been on my own.
            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
              I would probably get similar, but with a few "well you're an idiot" remarks thrown in. My family's not big on letting stupid manouvers slide unpunished.
              My mom would never call me an idiot. That's just not her style. She might say something along the lines of, "Jester, you're a very intelligent guy. How did you let this happen?" Or "What were you thinking?" Basically, the polite versions of calling someone an idiot.

My stepfather, on the other hand, is more like me in his commentary and humor. "Kid, you gotta admit, that was kinda stupid. I mean, it's kinda hard to drive a car when it ISN'T THERE!" And then laugh. Not with me. At me.

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
              Let's weigh out the options. If he goes there will be trouble. If he stays it will be double.
              This indecision's bugging me.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

My father may or may not help... but he'd damn sure call me a dumbass somewhere along the line. That said, I think of Argabarga every time I park outside my oldest nephew's apartment and feed the meter there. I remember the tales of stupidity, and make sure I'm never among them! Haha!

Edit to explain: My father is not a cruel man. Actually, he's pretty laid back. That said, he has one wicked sense of humor. Everyone loves him. The highlight of family Christmas this year, though, was him calling my sister a dumbass in response to her asking why he didn't sign the cards he gave us, even though he had put To/From tags on the envelopes. Yup. My Dad. Not a subtle man at all sometimes. Gotta love him!
                Last edited by BrenDAnn; 01-12-2013, 06:31 AM.
                "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

I've been fortunate never to receive any parking tickets or other towable offenses.

But then, I pay attention to things like signs. If I'd parked, gotten out, and found that I'd parked in a restricted zone, you bet your ass I'd have moved my car somewhere else.

And if I'd tried to ask my parents to help me out, they'd have said "no" so firmly I'd have suffered blunt force trauma.
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I've actually started to holler at a promotional group I was with because we were stopped in a "No stopping, any time" zone. I was not going to get a $100.00+ fine because they were too lazy to find an acceptable place to park/stop while trying to figure out where we were supposed to go. As soon as "$100 fine" came out of my mouth, oh man they were all ready to go!

I'm always paranoid about getting towed, my parents would help me, but man would it be more ammo during family gatherings.
                    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
                    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                      This indecision's bugging me.
                      Dunno which clothes even fit me.
                      Is it Asshole Day or what? - MoonCat
                      It's ALWAYS Asshole Day. - Jay2KWinger

Comment

Working...
                      X