This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Circle

I haven't posted in a while. The main reason being that I had made a sort of unofficial resolution before the New Year to take a leaf out of a fellow member's notebook. I've been focusing on some of my other projects like my writing, helping my sister-in-law get exposure for her artwork, and trying to actually build functioning relationships with people. With any luck, this might actually help me to survive bith financially and spiritually. And my goal is to be able to support myself without needing to work for places that take a toll on my mental and physical health, as well as my self esteem.

That said, there's always going to be a need to vent.

A couple of a days ago I was taking care of the trash, I stopped by the cafe. A few minutes earlier the girl working the counter had called a supervisor over the radio. Since I had arrived a few minutes after the drama was taken care of, I asked her what had happened.

It turned out a family complained about one piece of their chicken tenders order being undercooked. They had eaten the entire thing, but saved that one piece to complain. The supervisor naturally gave them their money back, even though they had clearly eaten about 90% of the food.

Of course I'm thinking this was a clear scam. But the woman that usually runs the cafe informed me that the oven they use for the chicken tenders acts zwonky. And even I noticed a few days later that one of the chicken tenders I had ordered did have one negilgable spot that wasn't fully cooked.

Although I wouldn't have asked for a full refund after eating most of the meal in the first place. I leave it up to you to decide where the ball drops, because obviously there are a lot of factors in this instance

Well, underdone chicken is not only gross, it's not safe (bacteria). So if it was me, if I bit into a piece of chicken and it wasn't fully cooked, I'd cut the other pieces and see if they had the same problem. If they weren't done, I'd send the food back with an explanation and ask for something else in its place, because at that point I'd be turned off chicken for the rest of the week. No screaming or demands for refunds.

If it was just one small spot and the rest was fine, I'd eat the cooked ones and just not go to that restaurant again.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

This reminds me of a time I ate at McD's when I was a kid. My favourite restaurant food in the whole world was probably their chicken burger.

So we were out of town in a restaurant with friends and I ordered my chicken burger. I ate almost to the middle, and then... "Mommy, the middle of my sandwich is pink." Mommy looked and we took the burger back to the counter. The staff were appropriately shocked and gave us another burger. I ate half of it, and when I got to the middle... "Mommy, it's pink in the middle too." We took that one back. I can't remember if Mom wanted or got her money back. They offered another replacement, but I said "No thank you, I've already eaten two half sandwiches!"

For what it's worth, I didn't get sick, and I think they ended up determining that there was something wrong with whatever fryer/oven they were doing the chicken patties in. I'm vaguely surprised, remembering this, at the notion that they actually started with raw meat and cooked it on the spot, rather than having something precooked shipped in.

Comment

If they know that chicken isn't trustworthy, they shouldn't sell it. Switch to a safer brand or drop chicken from the menu.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
        X