This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny supermarket clerk

Went on a trip to northern New England this past week... on my way I went to a local supermarket late at night to buy a few supplies. When I reached the cashier, I had the following conversation:

Cashier: "Did you find everything ok?"
    Me: "Yes, I did. Not totally familiar with this supermarket, so I did more wandering than usual."
    Cashier: "Did you enjoy your experience looking for products?"
    Me: "Err... well... does corporate really tell you to ask that to every customer?"
    Cashier: *snort* "Nah, I just like asking the question, because it's so awkward. I like getting customers' reactions."
    Me: "It sure is an awkward question, which is exactly why I thought corporate would dictate that you ask it."
    Cashier: "So, you've worked in retail."
    Me: "Yes, I know it well."
    Cashier: "I'm imagining corporate having us fill out survey reports on how every customer answers that silly question."
    Me: *laughs* "Yeah..."

He completes the transaction and afterwards I say:

Me: "I should come to supermarkets really late at night more often. You guys are fun."
    Cashier: "I'm glad I made your night. Just don't tell corporate."
    Me: "I promise."
    Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
    Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
    Fiancee: What?!
    Me: Nevermind.

At least that guy had a good attitude and could joke around.

Too bad you never saw my brother when he worked for a supermarket back in the 80's. He was on the night crew. One summer, the store had ladies' straw hats for sale. All the night crew guys wore a hat one night while stocking.

They also used to play catch with rolls of paper towels....by tossing them over the tops of the shelves into the next aisle. At least they had fun.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Sometimes you hear hilarious stuff over the PA System.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

My store's had games of "Repeat last page" that can go on for a full 5 minutes.

1. A pages B to call an extension.
        2. B asks for page to be repeated.
        3. A does so, then apparently gets called elsewhere because they're not at the extension B was told to call.
        4. B pages A to call the extension B is at.
        5. go to 2 (except swap A's and B's positions).
        6. go to 3.
        7. go to 4 and repeat sequence until someone gets annoyed.
        8. Either A or B tracks someone else down to find the other party and relay a message.

Sometimes I think we would be better off having walkies.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

If I were playing with the PA, I'd get my coworkers to reenact the white zone / red zone debate from Airplane.
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
            If I were playing with the PA, I'd get my coworkers to reenact the white zone / red zone debate from Airplane.
            Coming never to a theater near you...
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
            X