This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
    Seriously? I mean, I get that they're human waste, but you have a special company to come dispose of them? Man, unless you're in a hospital or other health care facility where those services are already being paid for, your company is getting shafted.
    Thanks to the various different diseases that can be caught from blood, ranging from annoying to deadly, most places decide it's safer to leave it to the professionals.

So if some SC makes a mess in the bathroom, smearing stuff all over the walls or leaving their used feminine hygiene lying on the floor or counter, do you have to call in a special cleaning crew to take care of it, or are the regular shlubs expected to clean it up?
    We're a firm of accountants, so the general public don't tend to get access to our toilets. On the rare occasion a customer is in-house & needs to use the facilities, someone discretely pokes their head in after they've gone. While it's never happened, IIRC the firm's policy if they deliberately trashed the toilet would be to call in a cleaning firm & send the bill to the client.

If it was a member of staff, they'd be expected to clean it up before clearing out their desk.

Accidental messes (i.e. vomit not quite going in the bowl) are dealt with on an ad-hoc basis, with the general feeling being that if the person is capable, they clear it up themselves, otherwise one of the partners/managers tends to do it.
    Last edited by greek_jester; 01-22-2013, 05:06 PM. Reason: Can't spell >.<
    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Seriously? I mean, I get that they're human waste, but you have a special company to come dispose of them? Man, unless you're in a hospital or other health care facility where those services are already being paid for, your company is getting shafted.
      Depending on local regs and required procedures, it may actually be quite a lot easier and cheaper to do it that way. Especially since some trash haulers charge more if you've got a significant amount of human waste in your trash stream. That's why the pediatrician that my kids go to has signs up about giving you a bag for the dirty diapers, you aren't allowed to put them in the office trash.
      Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

And this is why I'm glad I use tampons. Just flush the evidence away.
        My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
        It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

If you'd asked my mom why don't they just put the tampon/napkin receptacles in both rooms is that men would get curious and open the little packages inside then get disgusted and complain. This was also her basic explaination on why my sister and I had to use a quarter of a roll of toilet paper to wrap up our used female products (just insert "brothers" for "men"). My mom's weird.
          Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Beside the reasons stated, I wouldn't be surprised in some cities/jurisdictions that the local bylaws mandate separate male/female bathrooms, even if they are single user bathrooms, just because no one really thouhgt them all the way through.

Comment

Working...
            X