Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why game designers can sometimes be stupid.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why game designers can sometimes be stupid.

Apparently some time ago, in order to record the sound of a car driving past a player in a video game, some of the designers went outside and had a car drive past them in high speed... While they stood almost right next to it and recorded sound.

Then they had the car do donuts. While they recorded nearby.

No safety procedures were taken.

DURRRRRRR
    Go for the eyes!

bet what passed for thought processes went ' but if we take precautions it wont be REALISTIC!!!'

Comment

Safety Third

Comment

Eh. Game Designers. Plenty more where they came from... Though they tend to run when the lights are turned on.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

They probably figure they have extra lives just like the games they design.
          You've got a real problem all right, and a banjo is the only answer! - Pinkie Pie

Comment

Quoth ackmeow View Post
            Apparently some time ago, in order to record the sound of a car driving past a player in a video game, some of the designers went outside and had a car drive past them in high speed... While they stood almost right next to it and recorded sound.

Then they had the car do donuts. While they recorded nearby.

No safety procedures were taken.

DURRRRRRR
            Couldn't they have put the microphone on a stand, rather than have a person holding it? Dead simple, and if the driver misjudges spacing, it's only money.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

After doing some game console repair work for a couple game companies I can say that the money for a new microphone would have been thought of as a bigger deal than having someone that could jump out of the way hold it. It's shocking how little money they let the dev team have for things like microphones.

Comment

Quoth Arcus View Post
                After doing some game console repair work for a couple game companies I can say that the money for a new microphone would have been thought of as a bigger deal than having someone that could jump out of the way hold it. It's shocking how little money they let the dev team have for things like microphones.
                But the point was that if the driver misjudged, the person holding the mic might not be ABLE to jump out of the way in time. That's going to cost a LOT more than a mic and stand that got run over. Even in a RTW jurisdiction that allows employees to sign away their right to sue for damages caused by the company's negligence, it won't stop suits from the employees' next-of-kin, because you CAN'T sign away SOMEBODY ELSE'S right to sue.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

But they've already paid for their insurance. Someone would have to approve the extra expenditure for a mic.

Comment

Besides, if they do get nailed, think of the cool sound effects! Hey, somebody film this so we can animate the *SPLAT*!
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                    X