This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I slept in a filthy bed, apparently

So Friday night, CW checks in a guest. They come down and say the beds in the first room are filthy and full of hair. She moves them to a different room. They come down and say the beds there are also full of hair. They get a refund and leave, and those two rooms get marked as dirty so we can't sell them for the rest of the night.

Saturday morning, Head Housekeeper and I go and check the rooms. In the first room, Head Housekeeper does indeed find a single, tiny hair on one of the two beds. While there shouldn't have been any hair, the SC saying it was "filthy and full of hair" seemed excessive for the actual condition.

In the second room, I inspected both beds. I didn't find a single hair. I found one fuzzy fiber in one of the beds, less than an inch long, that had clearly come off the blanket. The beds were fine. I simply tidied up the beds with the same sheets and called it good.

I actually ended up staying in the second room that night since I was MOD that day, and Hubs joined me in that room when he got off work. In the morning, I asked Hubs if he had problems sleeping in a filthy bed full of hair all night, and he gave me a confused look and asked what the hell I was talking about.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Some people are nuts about things like that. I know someone who calls one newspaper clipping left lying on a table "clutter". Yes, a clipping, not the whole newspaper, and it had been there for less than one day.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
    X