Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Won't Talk to YOU Because YOU are the ENEMY!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Won't Talk to YOU Because YOU are the ENEMY!

Guy walks into our garage looking for his truck, but we don't have anything that matches it nor anything from the address it was towed from.

We ask him if he called "Other Guys Towing" yet, as it's possible they have it, the address in question doesn't have an exclusive towing contract with us and simply rotate their calls when they have an illegally parked car, we get the 1st call, they get the 2nd, we get no. 3, they get no. 4 and so on and so forth....

He says he hasn't, so we decide to be nice and call them up, since we know the number for Other Guys Towing by heart, since people sometimes *okay, ALL THE TIME* come to use when their car gets towed assuming we towed it since we're a bit better-known and do more lots, when in reality the other guys did.

Well, here's how that lovely little phone call went

-Other Guys Towing
    -Hi, this is Argabarga from Friendly Neighborhood Towing, do you currently have a black pickup, possibly towed from Main Street Apartments?
    -Eh, hold on a second, I'll look...... *rustling papers* *rustling papers* ... wait, Why the hell are YOU calling me?
    -Well, we have a customer here looking for his truck, and I think you may have it
    -Then have him call us! *CLICK*

And that was it, they hung up on us....

We hit the redial button and just handed the phone to the customer, and within 3 seconds, they told him that yes, they had it.....

Even the guy who got towed was shocked at how dickish and petty it was... yeah, we're your competition, but, dude, what's with the 3 year old attitude?

In retrospect it's maybe not so surprising, over the last 4 years or so, we've "taken" a dozen lots from them, in that property owners have decided their performance in towing has been subpar and have signed new contracts with us.

Way to just prove why you're losing em guys.
    Last edited by Argabarga; 01-16-2013, 02:01 AM.
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Back at Kinko's we actually had one towing company threaten to BEAT UP our towing guy. Literally beat him up. We were flabbergasted.

Not to mention that our very nice tow truck guy would have probably given whoever tried that a tire iron enema, but still. Who runs a business like that?

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
      Not to mention that our very nice tow truck guy would have probably given whoever tried that a tire iron enema, but still. Who runs a business like that?
      Wow. I visualized that. Not a very nice image

Sounds like someone about to go OUT of business, if you ask me.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
        Wow. I visualized that. Not a very nice image ....
        Oh, I don't know. With the right lighting and music...

"All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
          Oh, I don't know. With the right lighting and music...

Sheldonrs, everybody! He's here all week! Try the veal and don't forget to tip your server!
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
            Sheldonrs, everybody! He's here all week! Try the veal and don't forget to tip your server!
            And if you do forget to tip your server we have a wonderful image, with some great lighting and even better music, of what will be done to you.

Comment

But how far over do you tip the server? 5 degrees? 15 degrees? Do you lay them flat out on their back? I don't think I'm strong enough to tip them 180 degrees.

Comment

If you look like Jensen Ackles, I'll serve you at whatever angle you want to tip me.
                Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Once had to call a tow company/repair garage for someone, to see if they had their car... it was listed as a "24-hour company", so I was rather surprised when the person took a looooooong time to pick up, and when they did, it sounded like I had just interrupted their beauty sleep...

Me: "Hi, uh, yes, did you tow a ZZ-vehicle from XXstreet at YYam?"
                  Beauty Sleep: "What?! Oh... yeah. We have it."
                  Me: "Thank you very much sir, can I confirm your address?"
                  BS: *yells address at me*
                  Me: "Thank you."
                  BS: *mumbles something that vaguely sounds like "go to hell" *click*

I relayed the information to the person whose car was towed, but I imagine BS was pissed that I was calling for information at 4am, rather than asking for a service that he'd be paid for... not everybody can be Argabarga Friendly Neighborhood Towing...

Comment

Working...
                  X