X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pwned!

One from this morning...

I never know what I'll see while driving to work. Usually lots of stupidity involving traffic lights and idiots that can't wait a damn second. However, I happened to be in the right place at the right time.

About 10 minutes from the office, I had to sit at a red light. In front of me, was an older Camry, waiting to turn left. It's a four-way intersection, and traffic is proceeding as normal. Then their light turns red...and two cars attempted to beat the light. First car got through on the yellow, the second...wasn't so lucky. As soon as our light turned green, the prick ran the red

He turns left, and starts to haul ass down the street past me. Didn't get far though. Remember the pwnage? Seems that a cop was sitting opposite, and watched him run the light. He turns the blues on and hauls the guy over...not even 15 feet from the corner. As I left the light, the cop was reading the driver the riot act, and ripping the guy a new one

Running a light is stupid enough. But, to do it with a cop sitting there...is an entirely different kind of stupid. Still, at least it made for an entertaining morning
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Karma at its finest.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Yep, karma's a bitch

But it's not like cops are never seen in the area--the Squirrel Hill business district. It's a nice area, and the main street (Forbes) has a few donut and coffee shops. I hate to stereotype, but there's usually at least one cruiser parked outside. Plus, the cops tend to sit on Forbes--people tend to fly through there even though there are school zones.
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

A few years ago, I was at a red light, with a SUV in front of me. The light turned green, and the SUV pulled into the intersection, only to get T-boned by some impatient jackass who decided to try to beat the light even though it had already turned red. He just had a regular car like I did, but he did the SUV hard enough to rock it. I shudder to think of what would have happened if I had left the house just a few seconds sooner, and I had been the first one in line at the light. Probably would have rolled me.

I pulled out my phone and started to call the cops, when I noticed they were already there. A few cars behind the red-light runner was a cop in an unmarked car. He wasted no time in ripping into the idiot. I couldn't hear what was being said, but it looked like the idiot who caused the accident was yelling back at the cop! Some people seem to think that if they're in the wrong, they can become right just by yelling.
        Sometimes life is altered.
        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
        Uneasy with confrontation.
        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
        X