This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I may have just gotten an on the spot job offer

Well, I had an interview today, not really for a job I really wanted, it's full time, but only $8.50 an hour, which is a huge decrease from what my last job was (like $2 an hour decrease), but it's $8.50 an hour more than I'm getting now. While I'm there the manager asked me when I could start, and I said, I'd love to be able to start Monday, and she replied, I would too, but HR won't work that fast.
    She then said as soon as HR did their paperwork I could start orientation and that I should hear from them on Monday or Tuesday.
    Is it just me, or does it sound like I got the job?
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
    Well, I had an interview today, not really for a job I really wanted, it's full time, but only $8.50 an hour, which is a huge decrease from what my last job was (like $2 an hour decrease), but it's $8.50 an hour more than I'm getting now. While I'm there the manager asked me when I could start, and I said, I'd love to be able to start Monday, and she replied, I would too, but HR won't work that fast.
    She then said as soon as HR did their paperwork I could start orientation and that I should hear from them on Monday or Tuesday.
    Is it just me, or does it sound like I got the job?
    Sounds like a good bet to me. Good luck with it!
    Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Sounds like a job offer to me!!! Way to go!
      And why do they keep the employees in a cage? The same reason they keep lions, tigers and bears in a cage, to keep them from culling the herd. -Dark Psion

Comment

Job good! Hooray!

Comment

Awesome Smiley!
          Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
          Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Sounds like you've got the job to me. Yeah, $8.50 is kinda rough, but as you pointed out, it IS better than nothing. If they're that eager to hire you, I imagine that there might be a pay raise in the future. In any case, congratulations and good luck with the new job!

Comment

Working...
            X