This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bittersweet

Due to unforeseen issues in my personal life (Fiance and I split up, he moved out, I have no car, I'm an emotional wreck, etc), I have decided to move from Ohio back to Illinois to be with my family (mom, bro, sis-in-law, nephew).

Yesterday I had to break this to my manager, E. E was so supportive. She said she was sad to see me go, but understood why. She also told me that with the way I'm currently getting to work, she will make sure that if Shift Re-bids happen before I leave at the end of February that I am exempt from them. She also thanked me for giving her so much notice.

Word spreads quickly in a cage. When Supervisor M (female) came in last night, I guess E told her. By the time M had been there 30 minutes, she had pulled me off the line to talk to me. Wanted to make sure I was okay.

Tonight when Supervisor M (male) came in, he told me if I need a letter of recommendation to let him know. M has only been at my location for a few weeks, though he did spend a couple weeks with us at opening on loan from another location.

Manager B (who is pregnant) told me that if I need anything at all to let her know. Then ran off to cry.

My coworkers have been amazingly supportive, if a bit depressed that I'm leaving. I am really going to miss (most of) them. But it is nice to know that my work has been appreciated.
    And why do they keep the employees in a cage? The same reason they keep lions, tigers and bears in a cage, to keep them from culling the herd. -Dark Psion

Take your supervisors up on letters of recommendation. I'm sorry you are going through this, but it's good that you are getting support and will be going to be with family, since I'm assuming the reason you were where you are is your now ex.

Comment

I do plan on getting letters of recommendation. I am where I am because 8 years ago there were jobs here and none at home. I moved here onto a friend's couch, and he and I have had a falling out since. I have a couple of REALLY good friends here, but the goal for several years now is to get back to my family.
      And why do they keep the employees in a cage? The same reason they keep lions, tigers and bears in a cage, to keep them from culling the herd. -Dark Psion

Comment

Working...
      X