This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Hero Lost

I searched but didn't see any other threads, so please forgive me if one was already made.

It would seem baseball has lost one of its greats. Stan 'Stan the Man' Musial passed away at 92 years of age. He was one of my heroes, having grown up in St. Louis and raised as a huge Cardinals fan. I know that city is mourning a great man right now, as am I.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireSto...ge-92-18260677
    "Oh, the strawberries don't taste as they used to and the thighs of women have lost their clutch!"

Yeah Heksubah, I feel you.

Cardinal feeds hit first, then my friends started posting. I wasn't privileged enough to see him play, but having been part of the Cardinal Nation for over forty years, his influence was deeply felt. I'm going to let it sink in for a week or two before I browse any career recaps -maybe that'll take some of the sting out.

One of the giants, no matter what your team, or sport even.
    Last edited by sms001; 01-21-2013, 04:35 PM. Reason: "wan't" is probably not a word.

Comment

I am a little too young to remember Stan the Man (I was only 3 when he retired) but his legacy in St. Louis rings to this day.

I do remember eating at Musial & Biggies restaurant a long time ago. Great place near the old Bush Stadium (on the north side of Kinier plaza)
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
      X