Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Well, it won't be in stationery" ... except it was ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Well, it won't be in stationery" ... except it was ...

I'm assuming this was a brain burp on the part of the employee ... or perhaps he genuinely didn't know where the stuff was.

I go into the Wal of Mart today looking for plain, ordinary, garden-variety brown packing tape ... the stuff you can write on, and which, when you remove it, doesn't leave a massive sticky patch behind it. Wander up and down the hardware aisles. No luck.

FINALLY I find a staff member (is it just me, or does Wal of Mart have acres and acres of staff-less aisles??) He says, "Well, it won't be in stationery, so if it's not in the paint aisles, we're out of it."

I have to pass (more or less) by the stationery section anyway, so take a detour through it ... and sure enough ... guess what's right there on the shelf ...

I've directed a customer in the wrong direction before. But I don't feel too bad about it because we were reorganizing that day so everything was in a new place. But he said not too check the only place it was. Hmm.. maybe he should look around the store a bit more to see where everything is.
    Life could be wonderful if people would leave you alone
    - Charlie Chaplin

The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.
    - Captain Jack Sparrow

Comment

I've had some really moments myself during my present (short) stint in retail. Only reason I haven't sent anybody in the wrong direction is that our store is small enough that there only are two directions: inside the store and outside the store.

As for the staff guy, he'd obviously thought the same as I had: it's in the paint aisle (After all, isn't that what people use to give nice sharp edges to painted areas? Apparently not anymore ...) And given the size of the Mart in question, and the gazillion items in it I doubt anybody knows where every little widget is. It was just funny that the one place he said it wouldn't be ... is where it was.

Comment

It once took me three employees to find regular masking tape... in an arts and crafts store no less. In their defense, they only carried three sizes but still; it's pretty much a staple.

Comment

Quoth Slayer View Post
          It once took me three employees to find regular masking tape... in an arts and crafts store no less. In their defense, they only carried three sizes but still; it's pretty much a staple.
          Nope - it definitely isn't. Tried to load it into my red Swingline, and it completely gummed it up.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
            Nope - it definitely isn't. Tried to load it into my red Swingline, and it completely gummed it up.
            Lol! Well, it's good for my art XD. Always have it on hand. And it was mandatory back at Uni.

Comment

Working...
            X