Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An SC ID card? Man proposes wallet card for reviewers.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An SC ID card? Man proposes wallet card for reviewers.

http://consumerist.com/2013/01/22/do...mer-or-a-jerk/

If you're an employee and see one of these, I'd highly suggest running away quickly or preparing yourself for the long day that is sure to follow.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Someone should write a review about the reviewer.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

For instance, he tells Lazarus about walking into a Geneva hotel, showing his card to the desk clerk and asking for 50% off the room price in exchange for a positive TripAdvisor review. He claims he was successful.
      And the customer waiting behind him will now be a jerk demanding 50% off their room. This will just create a massive headache for everyone. Although, the poll on the Consumerist website has 80% disapproval of this idea.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
        Although, the poll on the Consumerist website has 80% disapproval of this idea.
        Faith in humanity is restore!
        My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
        It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

There's a reason why Consumer Reports sends staffers (as individuals) to buy the items they review, and why newspaper food columnists try to hide their identities when they go to a restaurant to do a review - it's so they get the same treatment an ordinary customer would get. By showing these cards, the SCs are deliberately not taking the "luck of the draw" that would result in their experience (which they're reviewing) being typical of that other people would get.

Demanding special treatment in order to not get a negative review is extortion, pure and simple. There's a simple solution businesses could adopt - anyone showing a "Reviewercard" will be denied service.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

“I’m going to review them anyway,” the creator of the ReviewerCard explains to the L.A. Times’ David Lazarus, “so why not let them know in advance? It’s not hurting anyone.”
            Not sure if serious.

The creator of the card contends that the idea isn’t to threaten businesses into giving out freebies: “It’s a way to get the service you deserve.”
            Another way to get the service you deserve--not act like a bag of dicks toward the person serving you.

Not that hard, and you don't have to carry a stupid card with you.

Meanwhile, he says that when he writes his reviews he does not disclose that he used his status as an online reviewer to ensure better service.
            Then his so-called "reviews" are no good.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

What an ass. They should ban anyone with one of those cards from review sites.

Comment

too bad there's no section for comments.

Otherwise I'd be replying with... "Go for it. I LOVE the idea of customers that self-identify as troublemakers!"

but that's probably why they don't have comments ...

Comment

Working...
                X