Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I looked back at your old threads and saw its a FireWire card made by Orange Micro. Is that correct? I did research and it appears the company went out of business around 2002. When I did a web search, I found drivers on CNet, but they only go back to Windows XP (which may still be compatible with Win 7 32 bit). However, because of the issues with that card, I also did that eBay search again for [Firewire (pcie,pci-e)] and found cards starting at around $11. The listings advertise drivers for Win7 32-bit also. You can try reinstalling the card again and see what happens, then uninstall them if it gives you problems, but you can also just buy a newer FireWire card to go in that smaller pci-e slot.

Comment

Yes, it's an Orange Micro card. I've found some pci-e cards at very reasonable prices that are compatible with Windows 7, but now I've got to find one that has a 4-pin port. The search goes on, but at least I'm a lot closer to my goal!

Comment

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16815287011

This one's listed as compatible with Win 7 so it should serve you well.

Also this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16815166027
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

The normal way to use Firewire 4-pin peripherals is to attach it to a 6-pin port on the computer, via a cable with 6 at one end and 4 at the other. The only difference between the two, apart from size, is that a 6-pin port carries power. You'll find it much easier to find a 6-pin port card and a cable, than a 4-pin port card alone.

It is common to find cards supporting both Firewire and USB at the same time. This isn't a problem - it just gives you extra USB ports.

Anyway, what I found in my spares pile is just such a thing - a combined Firewire (6-pin) and USB card on a PCIe x1 connector. That'll fit in your machine just fine, and Windows 7 should have drivers for it built in. All you would need in addition to that is a suitable cable.

Comment

Chromatix, I sent you a PM.

Comment

Working...
            X