This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That awkward moment

... when presenting a case to a doctor and you tell them the patient has been coughing up light green sperm rather than sputum or phlegm.

And yes, I did this in front of the patient.

HA! If I had been the patient I probably would've started laughing so damn hard that I laughed out all the "sperm" from my lungs.

Or died from lack of oxygen.
    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

I was trying to say the name of a wine once, but my brain shifted gears mid-word, so instead of "Pinot Noir" or "Bacchus," what came out was "Pin..us."

In front of customers.

I pretended to cough for a second, backed up, and carried on. Either they didn't notice, or they were unbelievably polite and just didn't snicker. Which I did, later, as I was facepalming in the warehouse and cursing my brain.

Comment

I think that's a bit more innocuous than what one of my students said today.

We took a field trip to our state Burn Center, and the staff educator showed us a picture of a burn victim who'd suffered an electrical burn and had the zipper of his pants uhm attach to his genitalia (he wasn't wearing any underwear, which was the moral of this story).

Someone ask couldn't they just scrub it off, to which I replied, sure if you want to take off a large bit of genitalia along with it.

One of my students then said, "So, what, it stays attached forever?"
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth PandaHat View Post
          ... has been coughing up light green sperm rather than sputum or phlegm..
          Alien boyfriend? Is there a spoctor in the house?
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

*snigger* Oops. I would have been laughing if you did that around me. I have a bad Brain-to-laughter filter.
            I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Working...
            X