This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Looking up is a problem for me."

So yesterday, one of my guards ticketed a vehicle in a no parking spot. These spots have a sign in front of them in big font, at windshield level height. An hour or so later, the person shows up at my desk, ticket in hand (and I'm already going "Oh god here we go"). Now, these tickets are basically just warnings saying that we recorded your vehicles info and will tow you if you continue to break our buildings parking rules in the future. So they don't really mean anything in and of themselves. Anyway...

So the man comes up to the desk and complains about the ticket, wanting to know who gave it to him.

Me: Yes, security ticketed your vehicle.

SC: Your spaces should have been marked better. I didn't see that it was a no parking space.

Me: Well sir, there was a sign there that said no parking.

SC: But the ground wasn't marked as a no parking space! (You're saying you missed the sign in front of your vehicle, but the ground underneath your truck would have prevented this whole thing? )

Me: Unfortunately, we have no control over how they mark parking spaces, but if you'd like to make a complaint about it to building management I can give you their number.

SC: Well I'm just returning this (he holds up the parking ticket and places it on my desk) because your spaces aren't adequately marked and I shouldn't have gotten a ticket.

Me: Well sir, we've already recorded your vehicles information. That one is your copy, so you can do whatever you want with it. (He makes no move to pick it back up, so I throw the ticket away in trash right in front of him.)

SC: I don't like your attitude! *grumbles under his breath on way back down to garage*

Me:

I wonder who will complain about being unjustly towed in a few days.
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

that guy's gonna be next on that tow show!! i can see it!!

Comment

Oh, Argabarga, we've got a "customer" for you to "help".
        "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

SC: But the ground wasn't marked as a no parking space! (You're saying you missed the sign in front of your vehicle, but the ground underneath your truck would have prevented this whole thing? )
          Yep and assholes ALWAYS whine that the sign wasn't big enough, or wasn't where they wanted it to be... because they refuse to admit that they themselves just didn't bother reading it.

At least he didn't say that he couldn't 'look up' ... cos if he'd said that I'd have wondered how he ever saw traffic lights.

Comment

Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
            Oh, Argabarga, we've got a "customer" for you to "help".
            I don't know, but I think AZ is a little outside his range.

SC
            "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
              I don't know, but I think AZ is a little outside his range.
              A drop fee including rental of a C-5 Galaxy should be sky high.
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Technically, NOTHING is outside my range, but that $2.25 per mile after 10 free will get ya every time!
                - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Yeeeah, that guy's gonna get Argabarga'd in the near future.

... might be entertaining!

PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                  X