X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tales from the Hotel/Lounge: Curiouser and curiouser Edition

I Think THIS Might be Worse than Texting

I had a guest come in tonight. He had just made an online reservation. He was traveling from a few states west.

No he didn't pull over.

Curiouser and Curiouser

The bar money is processed by the front desk, including CCs. Tonight they only had 2 CC transactions.

One was for $23.00. It was $13 for drinks, and they left a $10 tip. Pretty good ~77% tip.

The 2nd was for $70.00. It was $67 for drinks, and they left a $3 tip. That's ~4.5%.

Just thought it was interesting.

SC
    Last edited by BroSCFischer; 01-27-2013, 04:39 AM. Reason: Fixed math. Thanks Kagato.
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
    I Think THIS Might be Worse than Texting

I had a guest come in tonight. He had just made an online reservation. He was traveling from a few states west.

No he didn't pull over.

Curiouser and Curiouser

The bar money is processed by the front desk, including CCs. Tonight they only had 2 CC transactions.

One was for $23.00. It was $13 for drinks, and they left a $10 tip. Pretty good ~77% tip.

The 2nd was for $70.00. It was $67 for drinks, and they left a $3 tip. That's less the .05%.

Just thought it was interesting.

SC
    Actually $3 out of $67 is around 4.54% (since 3 goes into 67 a little over 22 times) Granted it still sucks considering the size of their bill. No idea what typical tips are for your area though (*comes from a country where tipping is not standard*)

EDIT: Dunno if I'm misreading your comment or not about the .05%, whether you are saying that is what the percentage is or some kind of cut is taken out of it
    Violets are blue,
    Roses are red,
    I bequeath to thee...
    A boot to the head >_>

Comment

Quoth Kagato View Post
      Actually $3 out of $67 is around 4.54% (since 3 goes into 67 a little over 22 times) Granted it still sucks considering the size of their bill. No idea what typical tips are for your area though (*comes from a country where tipping is not standard*)

EDIT: Dunno if I'm misreading your comment or not about the .05%, whether you are saying that is what the percentage is or some kind of cut is taken out of it
      Nope, you're right. I screwed up the math.

SC
      "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

I can't tell you how many times I'm taking a phone reservation, and when they get to the CC info, they say "Hang on a second, I'm driving...okay here it is."
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Working...
        X