This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixed the vacuum cleaner - then broke it

I'm so frustrated right now! My parents had a list of chores for me to do this weekend when I drove up, and one of them was to replace the vacuum cleaner cord. Dad just wanted me to splice in another cord, but I decided to go all out. Their vacuum died so he was using a similar, older one that I left in storage when I got married. I took the cord reel from the dead vac and put it in the old one - thank goodness for similar models.

We also talked about why the newer model died. When he mentioned it had been making a nasty squealing sound, I castigated him for not getting it fixed and letting it totally break.

Then I got the older model back together, plugged it in and it worked. If only I had stopped there - I got the bright idea to put the nicer hose / floor assembly from the newer model on the old one. Turned it on and SNAP the vacuum dies.

I tested it a little and neglect didn't kill the newer vac. There was a short in the hose where it wasn't running current to the floor brush, it was just shorting it back to the motor. Which blew the motor on my old vac just like it had blown the newer one. Not Dad's fault at all.

I could just kick myself right now for not stopping while I was ahead. Aargh.
    "Them boys ain't zombies! They're just stupid!"
Working...
X