This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Um, who are you??

This just happened today and it didn't involve a customer but it's still pretty

I went to the local mall (nearest my house, not the Monster Mall I work at) and headed for the loo. I walk in and there's a woman at the sinks. I'm walking towards her to get to the stalls and she immediately starts telling me about a lump in her throat that she just had some kind of diagnostic test for but the lump is still there except now it's lower and blah blah blah ...

I mean immediately. It was exactly what would happen if you were picking up the thread of a conversation you'd had to drop just a few minutes earlier.

Who was she, you ask?

I have NO FREAKING IDEA. Never saw her before. Likely wouldn't recognize her if I saw her again.

Although if I did, I would do an about-face and head the other way at a speed that would leave a momentary vacuum where I'd been.

I can see why you felt she was sucky, but as a single person without a lot of family, I can understand her feelings. She's just been told life-changing news and had to tell someone. Anyone. Just to share the burden and feel like she's not alone.

Look on the bright side - you've probably cheered her up a great deal and made her feel less terrified and alone.
    "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

OMG no, I didn't think she was sucky! Shoulda made that clear in my original post. I was just somewhat taken aback by the whole thing, LOL. There was no opening comment ("Wow, they're out of paper towels AGAIN" or "How about that weather, eh?") She just launched into her story as soon as she spotted me.

Well, if my rather lame responses helped any, that would be good.

Comment

Working...
      X