This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post
    Try anywhere in the world. Mount Everest, the highest point above sea level in the world, is only at 5.5 miles.
    My point, exactly, my good man ^_^ (and friendly purveyor of amber nectars)
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I bow down to Jester's knowledge.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Stop bowing. I got all the info off of the net.

I DID know that Florida is the flattest state, but did have to do a bit of google fu to confirm it when you challenged me. Yes, Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, and some other Plains States are rather flat. But when you live in a state that is so notoriously NOT hilly, like Florida, and you hear the same thing over and over about it being the flattest State, it does tend to make you believe it.

Speaking of statistics, here's one from our mandatory safe liquor seminar this morning: Key West has twice the state average of DUI's each year. Twice the average of other Floridians. And we're only a 2 by 4 mile island. That's dedication!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          Speaking of statistics, here's one from our mandatory safe liquor seminar this morning: Key West has twice the state average of DUI's each year. Twice the average of other Floridians. And we're only a 2 by 4 mile island. That's dedication!
          And you're an enabler, Jester. You horrible, horrible person.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            : Key West has twice the state average of DUI's each year. Twice the average of other Floridians. And we're only a 2 by 4 mile island. That's dedication!
            <new orleanians with horrible accents> That sounds like a challenge, cher' ...
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              Key West has twice the state average of DUI's each year.
              And not counting the ones who drive to Sunset Key for some privacy...
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                And you're an enabler, Jester. You horrible, horrible person.
                Damn skippy! Though I prefer the title, "Master of Ceremonies."

Quoth dalesys View Post
                And not counting the ones who drive to Sunset Key for some privacy...
                No, pretty sure the boaters are counted in that statistic.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth roguesqd View Post
                  I get the same thing from people who call complaining their fries are cold after the 10-15 minute drive home
                  We should all know how long fries are going to stay nice and toasty. Whenever I order fries at a restaurant, they are the first to be eaten. If you're not going to eat the fries right away, then you shouldn't be complaining at how cold they are! What should we do, get them all hot again under the heat lamps? That way, they'd be hot again, but also as dry as hell!

Comment

Working...
                  X