Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first thing I do when my throat gets sore, either coming down with a cold or throat infection, is try to burn it out with chile. Hottest I can stand.

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
    Last time I had strep, I was offered a choice between an oral antibiotic (Erythromycin IIRC) and a one time shot of penicillin. Not wanting the shot, I took the oral med.

It did not . . . sit well . . . with my innards.

Next time, I'm taking the shot. It was that bad.
    Erythro gives me stomach cramps. Bad enough that I can't stand up straight. Azithromycin, I can tolerate just fine. Found that out when I had a throat infection a few weeks ago. I had a Z-pak squirreled away. Didn't go to a doctor. One, no money for it. And B, a blind man could have looked down my throat and said, "Yep, that's infected."

And I don't need to eat yogurt with it like I do penicillin.
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

It's been so long that I don't remember. I do follow my mom's advice to keep ibuprofen in my system--as in not missing any doses at all-if there's a constant pain or inflammation issue. This doesn't apply, somehow, to my spinal issues; I'm stubborn about that. But if I have a burn or a dental issue or injury or sore throat due to illness, I'm writing down my dose times and staying on track. The hour I let it slide is the hour the misery comes back full-force.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Update: I'm getting back to normal now, but still coughing, needing decongestant. I should have 13 pills of Amoxicillin left after today, and I will finish that by Sunday.
        cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Working...
        X