This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of an era...

Tonight, my old computer is now gone. It actually died back in December, not long after Christmas. Hard to believe that it was the first one I'd built myself...11 years ago

Still, it will live on. While the board and case will be sent to the scrapper, fans, RAM, power supply, and other parts will be recycled. Also living on, are the many hours of enjoyment that thing gave. Nothing like firing up GTA, and blowing the living shit out of something after a sucky day at work

So with that, thanks old friend.
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

I'm sad for you. I'm attached to my gadgets, so I hate it when they don't work anymore.
    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
    -----
    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

You know what they say... you never forget your first

Seriously though, it hasn't gone away just yet. The changing weather is messing with me enough...that I couldn't head over to the scrapper today. For now, the computer is being used as an end table, and amusing the kitties. They're not sure what to make of it.

Even though I was able to salvage quite a few components--several fans, power supply, DVD drives, RAM, sound card, etc. I really don't have a use for them. All of that stuff is old enough as to be incompatible. There's no IDE controller on the board, for example.
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

So sorry to hear that. I felt the same way when I had to scrap Tinkerbelle (the Toshiba Satellite 1000) and both the old Gateway desktops (which I finally gave away 2 or 3 summers back.)

It's going to be okay.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
        X