This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did I just say?--minor rant

I am in cafe again today. Someone bought a soda from me and I also rang up her box if crackers. She wanted a bag because she'd "feel weird carrying it through the mall." I don't get that, but I gave her a paper bag, which is what I have. She said it wouldn't fit and I said "that's all I have," which is true. Her response? "You don't have a plastic bag?" What did I say?
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

I get that sometimes too. We have paper shopping bags which we generally only use for larger orders, or if a customer asks. if its just one or two items, they get a plastic bag. HOwever, sometimes we run out of shopping bags, yet in spite of me saying sorry, this is all I have, they continue to ask, like i can magically pull them out of some orrifice.

Comment

Not a case of a person asking a question I just gave them the answer to, but similar "what did I just say" situation.

At the wholesale club, when those "heelie" shoes were all the rage among the kiddies, they naturally wanted to go zipping around on our nice smooth, uncarpeted floor. After about a week or so of the heelie epidemic, the store instituted a new rule-- with a sign at the front door (sadly, a pathetically small one)-- prohibiting the use of heelies in the store.

When I worked as FDLP, I frequently had to ask the kiddies to stop riding the heelies in the store, and sometimes they'd listen, and sometimes they'd just wait until they assumed I wouldn't see them, and then go zipping off down the aisle.

One evening, a guy was getting ready to leave with his two kids, who came zipping up on their heelies. I stopped them, asked them not to ride the heelies in the store.

The kids then promptly started to heelie toward the door, only to get brought up short by my saying, quite sharply, "WHAT did I just tell you!?" The kids stopped, turned to me with a expression, and looked at their dad, who just gave them a Look that said "seriously, what did he just finish telling you?"

They walked out the door... and then started riding their heelies.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

and looked at their dad, who just gave them a Look that said "seriously, what did he just finish telling you?"
        The only downside being that his father didn't tell the kid FIRST that he wasn't allowed to do that in stores etc.

Comment

Food Lady!

I see absolutely no suck here. Crackers are a very personal, very private matter. I too would insist on a bag. If a register person could not provide me with one (preferably a discrete, unmarked one) I would have to escalate my request to the shirt off their back. Imagine the sheer indignity of all those mall people staring and gawking at my precious crackers. tsk. tsk.

Comment

Especially if they are graham crackers, which as every person with a command of thoroughly useless information knows, were created to suppress masturbatory urges.

Yeah, don't go to town on yourself. Just have a s'more and everything will be all better.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
              Especially if they are graham crackers, which as every person with a command of thoroughly useless information knows, were created to suppress masturbatory urges.

Yeah, don't go to town on yourself. Just have a s'more and everything will be all better.
              Good lord, and here's me with a box of cinnamon graham crackers....Had I only known...
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I totally forgot that useless informtion.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post

Good lord, and here's me with a box of cinnamon graham crackers....Had I only known...
                  *drool* They sound as if they could be a decent substitute .

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                    Well, they call them SIN-amon for a reason, ya know?
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                      And what, pray tell, was the original filling for a s'more?
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Catwoman2965 View Post
                        I get that sometimes too. We have paper shopping bags which we generally only use for larger orders, or if a customer asks. if its just one or two items, they get a plastic bag. HOwever, sometimes we run out of shopping bags, yet in spite of me saying sorry, this is all I have, they continue to ask, like i can magically pull them out of some orrifice.
                        This would probably result in a story for the "how to get fired" thread, but have any women in retail (stunt would be harder to pull off for someone wearing trousers) had the fantasy of attaching a pocket to the inside of the back of their skirt, and storing a (brown) plastic bag there for people who won't take "we don't have any" for an answer?
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                          inside of the back of their skirt, and storing a (brown) plastic bag there for people who won't take "we don't have any" for an answer?
                          The image this "Since you asked, lemme pull one out of my . . .flourish bag . . .there ya go!" is a great chuckle. thx wolfie.

Comment

I get that sometimes too. If people have a few small things I've gotten into the habit of asking if they want a bag. Some people take it as a personal insult to not have a bag to carry their stuff. I also get lots of people asking for a "small bag". We have two sizes, used to have four. You're getting the smallest bag I got. Deal with it.
                            I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

I used to work in a charity bookstore, and we had a choice between paper bags and see thru plastic bags. It used to make me want to laugh whenever a customer requested a plastic bag for one book cuz they wanted to hide it from sight... only to be presented with a transparent bag. XD I never doublebagged a product in paper then plastic, cuz being a charity bookstore, we had to keep our costs down.
                              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                              X