This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving fails

Two fails that just made me giggle while I was driving home from uni today.
    Quick note: Australians drive on the left.

Fail #1:

Driving up a shallow incline for about 15-20 mintues and I come up behind this maxi-taxi*. The maxi taxi was behind a motorhome which was going slowly. Getting towards the top of the incline and the maxi-taxi decides that he/she has had enough of driving slowly and tries to change lanes.
    Instead of his indicator however, he tripped his hazard lights. He STILL changed lanes though and then kept his hazard lights on for about a good 10-15 minutes after that.
    I had to laugh

Fail #2 and #2.5

These two were from the same guy and had me laughing a little. I'd pulled up to the intersection where the lights were red. I was in the "right" lane for going straight ahead. There's 1 or 2 cars in front of me and a car about half a carlength in front of me (that is that the boot was lined up with my front door). I look in my rearview mirror and there's this guy who had suddenly decided "my phone is MUCH more important." Now instead of pulling up behind the car that was in front of him, he put a good 2-3 carlengths between himself and the car in front. (Fail #2)

Fail 2.5 comes when the driver of the car behind him oh so gently nudges him forward by coming riiiight up against his bumper. Driver of Fail Car moves ever so slightly forward. Car behind him does it again. Car continues to inch slightly forward. He does this about another 2-3 times and then the lights go green and he picks up.
    But damn, either the guy was high and thought there was a bus there, or he'd suddenly discovered that his girlfriend had posted those embarassing pics of him online....(the only other likely scenario was that his brakes sucked, but given that he was more or less rolling forward a little bit at a time disproved that theory)

*Maxi-taxi refers to the cabs that are designed for those with wheelchairs, but can usually only take 1 or 2 at a time. They still have enough space to seat a large number of people. This one was more like a mini-bus. This is fairly close to the actual name of the company btw, so it's not an insult.
    Last edited by fireheart; 02-14-2013, 02:52 PM.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...
Working...
X