This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth emax4 View Post
    My questions are; "Why don't we know when businesses do this, and why aren't more businesses doing it?" The answer to the second question is, the almighty dollar.

If a biz gets (bad) press due to constantly turning customers away, potential customers can think, "ew, they're too picky. Why would I want to shop there?", without knowing the real reason that the business provides.
    I'd actually be more likely to shop there. My town is a damned freak show. I will not set foot in the mart of walls or a number of adjacent establishments because they're packed with "undesireables" of every race and creed. I go to the places with fewer sucky people even if it means paying a few dollars more.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
      Au contraire. Unless there is some law there that applies to this sort of thing, most businesses in general have the right to refuse service to ANYONE, if they believe they have reason to do so.
      IIRC, the only business that does not have a right to turn away customers would be things related to emergency healthcare. If you have an emergency room you cannot turn away someone. But that is the only exception.

Everyone else for every other kind of business? They don't need to put up with you if you're too much of an asshat.

Comment

Good riddance! I'm glad your manager backed you up. Companies don't need entitlement whores like her.
        Check out my art: http://mechanicold.deviantart.com/

Comment

I heard of this online-only bank. Not a US Bank, so can't remember the name. It is set up to be a self-directed bank. You deal with everything yourself, online. This allows them to offer higher savings rates than anyone else (not sure if they do loans). They have a very well-staffed call center to handle any issues you can't handle on your own with next to no wait, but whenever you call in, they time the call. If you go above a certain amount of neediness, they send you a polite letter requesting you to move your business elsewhere (and they'll close your account and send you a check if you don't take care of it on your own) as you have become too expensive for their business model.

Every once in a while, when I get a particularly bad customer, I think about how nice it would be to work at that bank, even if I would have to do phones.

Comment

Why didn't you just make all the other customers who were there before her wait and take care of her first?? She's obviously the most important person in the world, after all.

Comment

she also reminds me of some of the letterwriters at PFB. the ones who demand the employee be forced to apologize - usually after being fired. etc.

Comment

Working...
              X