• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why you don't piss off your web designer

http://fitnesssf.com/

Screen cap, in case it changes: http://i.imgur.com/n14MIFd.png

Oh dear lord.

first my website and now this. Kudos to them though!

I wonder if Seraph should do something like this
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
      Oh dear lord.

first my website and now this. Kudos to them though!

I wonder if Seraph should do something like this
      Who's to say she doesn't?

Seraph is the Capo Di Tutti Capi of Web Design. Doing something like that is probably the equivalent of the deadbeat client waking up with a horse's head in their bed.

You don't want to know what happens to the people who REALLY piss her off.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I love how the company's Facebook pages have vanished. Great reviews on Yelp though: http://www.yelp.com.au/biz/fitness-sf-san-francisco
        "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
          Who's to say she doesn't?

Seraph is the Capo Di Tutti Capi of Web Design.
          I'm most likely showing my age here, but the what of Every something?

(For some reason I'm thinking of "capo" as in the musical thing you put on your guitar or going back to the beginning of the song..../bandgeek)
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
            I'm most likely showing my age here, but the what of Every something?

(For some reason I'm thinking of "capo" as in the musical thing you put on your guitar or going back to the beginning of the song..../bandgeek)
            Capo Di Tutti Capi -- it means "Boss of Bosses" in the Mafia.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I'm not sure where this guy got the quote from but supposedly... (on the yelp link)

""Fitness SF disputes Frank Jonen's claims, telling Adweek that Jonen was paid is now trying to blackmail the company and extort more money from them.""
              (although the guy quoting them thinks they're full of crap too)

I'm thinking that either they're lying about being paid
              or that they paid for some code and thought it was theirs to use wherever they wanted etc.

but if the site is down like that... the host provider must also be in agreement which says a lot more than the claim.

Comment

Quoth KatherineB View Post
                I love how the company's Facebook pages have vanished. Great reviews on Yelp though: http://www.yelp.com.au/biz/fitness-sf-san-francisco
                Some of the reviews are from people who are far away from San Francisco, and thus in no position to do any business with this fitness club anyway. I consider those reviews to be astroturf--they came upon this from some other web site probably.

Their points are valid, but why do I care about something somebody in Massachusetts says when my business is on the other side of the country and they're in no position to patronize it? There are plenty of folks from the immediate area tearing them a new one anyway. These are the people who ultimately have the power to make the gym do the right thing.
                Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 02-15-2013, 03:57 PM.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

looks like it's back up again. i wonder if they paid their bills.

Comment

I posted the link to the image on my timeline.
                    cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                      looks like it's back up again. i wonder if they paid their bills.
                      They most likely found someone else to do the site for them for no money.
                      cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Meh. Too professional. They deserve a 12-year-old who likes lens flares a bit too much.
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                          Seraph is the Capo Di Tutti Capi of Web Design. Doing something like that is probably the equivalent of the deadbeat client waking up with a horse's head in their bed.

You don't want to know what happens to the people who REALLY piss her off.
                          Let's put it this way: *I* volunteered to be her secretary to deal with her deadbeat customers, and she didn't need me.

Think about that for a few moments.

Yeah. Scary, ain't it?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                            Let's put it this way: *I* volunteered to be her secretary to deal with her deadbeat customers, and she didn't need me.

Think about that for a few moments.

Yeah. Scary, ain't it?
                            Terrifying!

That said, I went to brunch with two friends a couple of weeks ago. The waiter was absolutely useless and I went from smiling at him every time he approached our table to refusing to make eye-contact and sending out 'go away' vibes as hard as I could. Both friends said that they wouldn't ever want to get on my bad side.

Both friends are qualified lawyers who deal with terrible people on a daily basis and don't put up with shit themselves.

I was proud.
                            "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Quoth KatherineB View Post
                              Terrifying!

That said, I went to brunch with two friends a couple of weeks ago. The waiter was absolutely useless and I went from smiling at him every time he approached our table to refusing to make eye-contact and sending out 'go away' vibes as hard as I could. Both friends said that they wouldn't ever want to get on my bad side.

Both friends are qualified lawyers who deal with terrible people on a daily basis and don't put up with shit themselves.

I was proud.
                              Way back in 82 I had an FBI guy go interview a bunch of my friends and business contacts for a security clearance I needed. My friend Marc told me that he got a bunch of questions including 'Do you think that she could be coerced into doing something she normally wouldn't do?' to which he told me he had replied 'If there is any coercing going on, it would be Marilyn doing it.' which explained the odd reaction towards me I got from the FBI guy that interviewed *me*
                              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
                              X