This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This one's a keeper....

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, but I recently changed jobs from the pits of Hell I used to work to somewhere that I truly enjoy. Just had to share this gem from tonight....

BG: I now work as a Food Truck Manager for a chain that has two trucks and two brick and mortar restaurants. When the schedule for the truck is light, I help out as an MOD for one of the restaurants. We have both dine-in and take out service, and offer a limited delivery service by utilising a third-party company (think calling a cab for your bag of burgers and you're pretty close).

Tonight we sent out several delivery items in succession, and it isn't unheard of for the drivers to take their time making their way to our customers (being located in a dense urban area with lots of one-way streets doesn't help, I'm sure). After a while, one of the servers brings me the phone saying that someone [all together now] "wants to speak to a manager. Are there more terrifying words in retail?

Turns out that somewhere between our door and the customer's, the driver managed to detonate EVERY container of extra sauce that we had included in the bag.... and then didn't notice the dripping mess as he handed it off. According to the customer, the boxes of food were drenched and not a drop of usable sauce was left. How do you miss that?

After double checking with the owner, who isn't the delivery company's biggest fan anyway, he agrees to refire the $55 order, but the delivery company has to redeliver for free... The customer's response?

"Thanks, but the food is salvageable. We just wanted more sauce....."

I drove the sauce over myself (it was only 3/4 mile as the crow flies). I had to shake the hand of a customer who just wanted what he asked for in the first place.....

Have I mentioned how much I love my new job?

I'm always excited when I see that big gap in the "New Posts" search that means there's an "In Praise of..." in the list. This one was especially good. Glad it worked out well. Any way to hold the third party deliverers more accountable?

Comment

we found one delivery place that had a great solution to food and sauces.

They put the styrofoam containers in old cardboard boxes. that way it didn't shift around as much or leak (as compared to putting containers in a bag)

although the last time we ordered from them, the lady who brought us the food wasn't the usual delivery person and was confused & dismayed that we didn't have exact change.

Until she realized I was saying, "Just 5 back please. ... everything else is tip" which made it easier for her as well vs counting out change etc blah.

Comment

Working...
      X