This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth wolfie View Post
    Any chance of getting a scanner (to read the barcode and show the price) at the saw, so the item can be scanned and the customer told the price BEFORE it's cut? That should prevent cases like the third one - customer finds out it's 27 pounds rather than 8 pounds, and decides he doesn't want it, while it's still in its original (i.e. can sell to someone else) condition.
    Oh, I'm sure he knew damn well it was £27. He was just figured if he put up enough of a stink, he'd get it for £8.
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

You could always try taking a photo of the customer blatantly, then inform the rest of the staff that if that person comes in trying to buy the product, that he has to pay the regular price for the damaged product. He wants a new one for the same price? No way...

Comment

I think it depends on whether it's a small, privately owned store where the owner will have to pay for anything damaged, or a large corporation. The garden centre where I ran the pet store was privately owned and "You break it, you bought it" was enforced to the hilt, along with the "Your kids broke it, you bought it". Several times, an SC went thru the entire chain of command (me, the manager, the big boss) in an attempt to avoid having to pay for what they broke, only to be disappointed cuz the big boss owned the store and didn't want to pay thru the nose for customer clumsiness.
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
        X