This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was I sucky?

I just had a guy ask "How is the popcorn?" OK, I'm not sure how to answer that. I assume people mean "how fresh is it?" So my answer was an honest "I'm not really sure when I made it." (It's been a madhouse in here today). He told me he was "hoping I'd say" that it was good and "I hoped he'd enjoy it". That would be nice to say, but I don't know if it's good. I don't like popcorn. I don't know how old it is, honestly. It's subjective. Anyway, my answer to his hope was "It's hard for me to have an opinion on it because I don't eat it. The best I can tell you is when I made it last." I'm sure he could tell I was annoyed. Was he sucky for telling me to read his mind or was I not nice enough?
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Can't have an honest opinion if you haven't tried it. Frankly, I've had popcorn that was supposedly good and wound up tasting like flavored Styrofoam. I've also had popcorn that was supposedly terrible and yet tasted really good. Doesn't help that I'm also of the opinion that I shouldn't take the opinions of a paid minion too seriously either.

Unfortunately, corporate would say you were, but then corporate thinks that all their products are rainbows and kittens as far as quality goes.
    If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Working...
    X