X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Eat The Cake, Bitches.

Hah, I'm clever.

So, the great Cake/Potluck Scandal of 2013.

One of the many lessons in life we learn, never assume, and sometimes it's best to not open your gums and start flapping loudly, or on FB for that matter, when it turns out you're dead wrong.

Anywho.

My old shift had a cake. They do that shit all the time. And, often, on their last work day of the week, which is 12 hours before I come into work with my shift....and you can guess, they always offer the rest of the cake for us to finish so that it doesn't just sit there. Only, the thing was, the cake box DID say that it was for the people leaving the shift....however, myself and a few of my coworkers who still are tight knit with our old coworkers were made well aware the cake was free game and needed to be finished up. (this is a totally different story, but we have a psycho first shift janitor that is just a nutcase about stuff like that)

So, this chick on my shift, who apparently needs to learn the facts before flapping....gets infuriated when she sees people on our shift on our first break eating the rest of the cake. She proceeds to go on Facebook and type in how rude, thoughtless, and immature we "adults" that work here are and the night shift is going to be pissed that we ate their cake, OMG!!11!!

To make matters even better, over the weekend, there was to be a goodbye party at work for a departing coworker.

This chick made a threatening note nearby the table that said "NO FREELOADERS" on it. So a bunch of people who were offered leftovers after lunch break refused because of the sign, which resulted in more food just hanging around the cafeteria.

Some of you may want to side with her, knowing some of your horror stories, and believe you me, I have my own at work. My soda's been stolen more times than I care to admit. However, this is my story....we were told it was ok to eat the cake, and that sign was just very unprofessional.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Any fallout?

Yeah, that was unprofessional, not to mention immature, of her to go on a public rant when she didn't know the facts. We had one particular freeloader at the newspaper, but it was also often the case where the night shift was pointedly aimed towards food left over from the day shift.

Comment

No way! It wasn't HER cake. You were specifically told to enjoy the cake and she decided to pitch a fit over it.

Sounds like she needs to go back to grade school.

Comment

I once suggested that if anyone has a problem with stolen food, to put a sign on the food or drink that says: "TOUCH IT AND DIE!!!!"

Of course, our company isn't very formal, like a bank or a bureaucracy, so they all just laughed it off!
        cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

That's the policy here - once the executive admin says its free game, it's free game, bitches! (seriously, she made a sign that said that once. It was hilarious.)

As for the woman, she's an idiot and ruined it for anyone else.
          Random conversation:
          Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
          DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

No kidding.

I'm wondering if anything will be brought up this weekend.

Comment

I would have eaten the any leftovers and the cake if given then ok.. Just to be a an ass an piss her off. If given the go head then by all means take your share
              NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

So...the cake was a lie?
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

The cake was never a lie. She just made it out to be.

Comment

There is always some jerk that ruins it for everyone else.

Comment

So, this chick on my shift, who apparently needs to learn the facts before flapping....gets infuriated when she sees people on our shift on our first break eating the rest of the cake. She proceeds to go on Facebook and type in how rude, thoughtless, and immature we "adults" that work here are and the night shift is going to be pissed that we ate their cake, OMG!!11!!
                      She probably just wants to look all high and mighty. Doesn't belong to anybody, she needs to STFU.
                      "Any kind of hereditary privilege is wrong, it's not just anti-democracy, it's just like inherent wrong" - Robert Smith

Comment

Things have been pretty quiet lately. Nothing was ever said, so I'm assuming that either our boss or another higher up person made that rude sign disappear before the potluck lunch.

I don't eat lunch on our official lunch break, so I wasn't there to see what happened.

Comment

Quoth cindybubbles View Post
                          I once suggested that if anyone has a problem with stolen food, to put a sign on the food or drink that says: "TOUCH IT AND DIE!!!!"

Of course, our company isn't very formal, like a bank or a bureaucracy, so they all just laughed it off!
                          That actually worked for me! In my first year of Retail, some jackass employee was always stealing MY food from the fridges at work just because it probably looked better than what he had to eat. I began marking my stuff "TOUCH AND DIE!" across the labels and the stealing stopped. Never got any complaints about making "death threats" on my food either!

Just because they're a coworker doesn't mean they're automatically respectable people! A lot of them can be just hateful, disrespectful idiots.

Comment

Working...
                          X