This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unsettling sights on the road...

...I'm sorry, but I have a LOT of difficulty relaxing behind the wheel when the car in front of me has their brake lights stuck permanently on...

The car (late '00s Malibu) had a "tuner" look, but obviously in a very VERY cheap way, so I'm guessing they screwed their electronics during one of their brilliant modifications... or maybe the car was hot-wired/stolen...

Needless to say, I seriously kept my distance from them. I don't need them jamming on the brakes, with me only knowing way too late. ...and, of course, it would have been my fault, a situation like that... maybe it's time to invest in a dashcam...

Quoth DiRF View Post
    Needless to say, I seriously kept my distance from them. I don't need them jamming on the brakes, with me only knowing way too late. ...and, of course, it would have been my fault, a situation like that... maybe it's time to invest in a dashcam...
    With idiots like that on the road, you don't need a dashcam - you need the full dashvalvetrain.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

What are the safety inspection requirements in Florida? I've just moved to New York and found out that we have to have an annual inspection. Stuff like that would get caught, although a year is plenty of time to have it go wrong and then drive around with it in failure mode.

Comment

Quoth Flying Grype View Post
        What are the safety inspection requirements in Florida? I've just moved to New York and found out that we have to have an annual inspection. Stuff like that would get caught, although a year is plenty of time to have it go wrong and then drive around with it in failure mode.
        ya i don't miss NY's yearly inspections & emissions tests.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle..._United_States

looks like florida doesn't have them though. All they have is a VIN inspection, when registering an out-of-state vehicle.

although, if that person is speeding, something like that can easily help the cops track the car. back when I was in virginia (their inspections are performed biennially) one of my coworkers had broken reverse lights - always on. so when she was doing 75 in a 55 zone the cop easily followed her, even said that her faulty lights made it easy for him.

Comment

Quoth DiRF View Post
          ...I'm sorry, but I have a LOT of difficulty relaxing behind the wheel when the car in front of me has their brake lights stuck permanently on...

The car (late '00s Malibu) had a "tuner" look, but obviously in a very VERY cheap way, so I'm guessing they screwed their electronics during one of their brilliant modifications... or maybe the car was hot-wired/stolen...
          There's also some people that use one foot on the gas and the other on the brake, too. Which means that they're often pushing on the brake pedal just enough for the lights to go on. I don't get how people can drive that way, I've tried it and it throws my timing waaaaay off.
          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
            There's also some people that use one foot on the gas and the other on the brake, too. Which means that they're often pushing on the brake pedal just enough for the lights to go on. I don't get how people can drive that way, I've tried it and it throws my timing waaaaay off.
            Learned to drive in a clutch-mobile...
            Terror of the beast getting away... (+non-power brakes => I'm gonna have to stand on it with *both* feet!)
            Old wives tale that that gives a faster reaction time...
            Shady mechanic specializing brake and transmission rebuilds...
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
            X