Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The most expensive Starbucks drink, ever!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a green apron wearer myself I'm gonna have to call bs on that drink.

It is, by volume, literally impossible to make.

40 shots alone would have to be served in two cups. Making it two drinks right there. Add in everything else and you're looking at three or four drinks.

If your barista rings that all up ass one drink, then they're either giving you a huge deal by ringing you up for one drink but giving you four, or they're ripping you off by charging you for that and only giving you one drink.

The truth is boring: the most expensive drink you can get at starbucks is a 20 shot espresso. Adding anything would actually cause the price to drop as they'd have to do fewer shots.
    Flood

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
      What is that Belgian monastery brew that they make limited cases of and when they are gone that is it for the year?
      Maybe Westvleteren? I believe they're French, but brew a Belgian ale. Pretty famous for being very limited runs.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        But yeah, ordering either one of these with coke? Well, let's put it this way...we have several fantastic rums that are less expensive than these two, and may well be lesser rums in general. And these are the rums that I tell people that, by law, if someone orders them with coke, I must punch that person in the face.
        In that case, I'll have (super-expensive rum) and Pepsi.

Quoth Flood View Post
        As a green apron wearer myself I'm gonna have to call bs on that drink.

It is, by volume, literally impossible to make.

40 shots alone would have to be served in two cups. Making it two drinks right there. Add in everything else and you're looking at three or four drinks.
        From what I read, he brought in his own 52 ounce mug, since he knew "Kara Thrace's" wouldn't have a cup big enough.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
          From what I read, he brought in his own 52 ounce mug, since he knew "Kara Thrace's" wouldn't have a cup big enough.
          Which still sets off my bs detectors.

It's like putting four beers in an oversize cup you bought somewhere else and saying "My look how expensive this one beer is"
          Flood

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
            [Dark and Stormy is Goslings dark, a light and stormy is a 10 cane light rum and ginger ale.]
            Technically speaking, a Dark and Stormy is Gosling's Black Seal rum and ginger beer (not ginger ale). Although one time, we were out of ginger beer, and I offered to make a guy a drink with Black Seal and ginger ale. He figured he'd try it, and I named it the "Partly Cloudy." We had fun with that!

Quoth wolfie View Post
            In that case, I'll have (super-expensive rum) and Pepsi.
            Complete waste of (super-expensive rum), and it would force me to punch you in the face. Which I really don't want to do. I WOULD do it--it's the law, after all--but I wouldn't WANT to.

Quoth Flood View Post
            It's like putting four beers in an oversize cup you bought somewhere else and saying "My look how expensive this one beer is"
            My friend Jim is a manager at a bar. Managers, like employees, are allowed shift drinks. The difference is, managers can enjoy their shift drinks during their shifts, regular employees only after. Well, apparently some managers were abusing the whole drinking on the job thing, and the owner decreed that managers would only be allowed ONE shift drink during their shift.

Shortly after that, the owner came in and saw Jim, who was the manager on duty, holding a pitcher of beer in his hand, and drinking out of it. When she asked him what he thought he was doing, he looked her right in the eye and, with a smile, said, "It's my ONE shift drink!"

She almost killed him.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
              Maybe Westvleteren? I believe they're French, but brew a Belgian ale. Pretty famous for being very limited runs.
              Yeah you probably think of West-Vleteren. West-Vleteren is in and from Belgium, it's NOT french, but the monks do speak french... (half of belgium speaks french, the other half dutch, and maybe 1% german)

It's very select beer, and it's always half a fight to get your hands on a case, even for those of us living closeby

Comment

Quoth Librarian View Post
                West-Vleteren is in and from Belgium, it's NOT french, but the monks do speak french...
                Ah, thank you. I was typing from memory. And Wiki-ing informs me that this particular sect originated in the Catsberg monastary, which may have trickled into whatever article I read as 'they're French."

Quoth Librarian View Post
                It's very select beer, and it's always half a fight to get your hands on a case, even for those of us living closeby
                So I understand. The thrust of the aforementioned article was a one time release here in the States just before Christmas last year; I guess the monks need to work on their monastery or some such.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                  Complete waste of (super-expensive rum), and it would force me to punch you in the face. Which I really don't want to do. I WOULD do it--it's the law, after all--but I wouldn't WANT to.
                  No need to punch me - I was being facetious. BTW, is that law the reason punch usually includes rum (rather than some other spirit)?

Quoth Jester View Post
                  My friend Jim is a manager at a bar. Managers, like employees, are allowed shift drinks. The difference is, managers can enjoy their shift drinks during their shifts, regular employees only after. Well, apparently some managers were abusing the whole drinking on the job thing, and the owner decreed that managers would only be allowed ONE shift drink during their shift.

Shortly after that, the owner came in and saw Jim, who was the manager on duty, holding a pitcher of beer in his hand, and drinking out of it. When she asked him what he thought he was doing, he looked her right in the eye and, with a smile, said, "It's my ONE shift drink!"
                  I'm surprised that someone didn't treat a fifth of the hard stuff as their ONE shift drink. Sounds like the owner needs to be explicit in the policy, making it so that "shift drink" may contain no more than 0.6 ounce of alcohol (amount in a 12 ounce can of 5% beer). How would that policy go if someone's "shift drink" were something like a Roy Rogers or a Shirley Temple? Would non-managers be allowed to drink it during their shift, or would they be allowed more than one per shift? That could also be a solution to the problem of people wanting to buy the bartender a drink on the understanding that they want the barkeep to drink with them, not to have something for the end of their shift.
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                    No need to punch me - I was being facetious.
                    I knew that. But I just couldn't resist!

Quoth wolfie View Post
                    BTW, is that law the reason punch usually includes rum (rather than some other spirit)?
                    That law has nothing to do with it, and in fact, punches existed long before rum was as commonly available (or even produced) as it is now. Punch goes back centuries, and has used all kinds of spirits. I know this from my training last year in the mixology course and seminar my bar sponsored me for. And yes, I could bore you to tears with the history....

Quoth wolfie View Post
                    I'm surprised that someone didn't treat a fifth of the hard stuff as their ONE shift drink.
                    Well, that would be VERY expensive, not to mention stupid, and my friend did the pitcher of beer merely as a joke, to basically yank the owner's chain.

Quoth wolfie View Post
                    Sounds like the owner needs to be explicit in the policy, making it so that "shift drink" may contain no more than 0.6 ounce of alcohol (amount in a 12 ounce can of 5% beer).
                    Only if someone was stupid enough to REALLY test it. Which no one has been. Since, as I said, the policy in question was for managers, people who are allegedly responsible. Staff at that bar get shift drinks as well, but they get them after their shift, and must order them from the bartenders. Abuse is certainly possible, but has been over the years surprisingly nonexistent.

Quoth wolfie View Post
                    How would that policy go if someone's "shift drink" were something like a Roy Rogers or a Shirley Temple? Would non-managers be allowed to drink it during their shift, or would they be allowed more than one per shift?
                    Soft drinks such as the aforementioned "mocktails" and sodas are free for staff, and they can drink as much of them as they want during and after a shift. This is standard policy in most bars and restaurants, and in fact, I know of only one bar in Key West that makes their staff purchase sodas.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                    X