This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An apology from me on behalf of my team

This is to all you hard working people in the Hotel industry (like Smiley). I am really really sorry for the mess you guys had to deal with.

The street soccer team that I was on who trashed the hotel room, smoked weed all night long, and made an ass of themselves are in no way an overall indication of people from my hometown.

Me: I manage a game store in a mall but this was about 7 years ago when my luck wasnt so good and I was homeless on the streets. I was a part of a homeless street soccer team where anyone on the team had to have been homeless within the past couple of years. Its a really cool concept and has helped a LOT of people get their life back in order. Now, on to the story.

We had just won the Canadian Street Soccer championship (in Calgary) and headed back to the hotel we were staying at. We had a very strict No Drugs/No Alcohol rule for the trip. The majority of my teammates decided that it was a good idea to inhabit the room that I was sharing with 3 other guys and smoke weed and make a mess in celebration. I did not partake in the celebration. This went on till 3am. I talked to the team manager who talked to the hotel manager and there was all kinds of shit hitting the fan. Our team was charged for cleaning the room as well as disturbing the guests. Unfortunately since the party happened in my room, the 4 guys (myself included) that were staying in that specific room had to pony up and pay the $250 cleaning bill. I can tell you that I was not happy as it was not my fault.

Unfortunately, because of the problem, our team was not invited back the next year and the team disbanded shortly thereafter.
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."
Working...
X