This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Much Information

Very strange conversation a few days ago at Lowercase Two. An older woman, whom I had never met before, came to my window looking to put money in her son in law's account. That's not a problem, I help her with the transaction. If only that were the end of it.

She then proceeds to tell me that her son in law is a bouncer at a strip club. She says that she hates it, but he makes her daughter happy. I made some noncommittal noise and asked her if she had any other banking needs. She, apparently unfazed by my dismissal, then regaled me with her own stripping history.

She said "I did pretty well, but I couldn't make any REAL money 'cause I wouldn't let them touch me."

What exactly is the proper response to that? "Good for you"? "I'm Sorry"? "Security!"? I know what I wanted to say. "Lady, you didn't do very well because no one wanted to pay you to take your clothes off"

I had one SC regale me of her threesome with another woman and her boyfriend. This SC was a crack addict in a wheelchair who looked like she had been hit with an ugly bat. There isn't enough brain bleach in the world for that.
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Comment

I'm just always amazed at how many of my customers hear me say "Hi, how can I help you?" and interpret it as "Please tell me your life story."

Comment

Quoth Rhania506 View Post
        ....She said "I did pretty well, but I couldn't make any REAL money 'cause I wouldn't let them touch me."

What exactly is the proper response to that? "Good for you"? "I'm Sorry"? "Security!"? I know what I wanted to say. "Lady, you didn't do very well because no one wanted to pay you to take your clothes off"
        Yup. Has to be it. One "exotic dancer" I know did so well, her husband retired. She was pulling in a five-figure income. Monthly. And she didn't let the customers touch her, either.
        I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Quoth Rhania506 View Post
          What exactly is the proper response to that? "Good for you"? "I'm Sorry"? "Security!"?
          You mean other than, "Cool story, bro!" ...?

But really I guess the only thing you can say - without getting in trouble (or much trouble at least) is, "Thank you for choosing <bank whatever>. Good day." Then close the window and head for the bathroom to vomit.

Comment

These are awesome stories! I'd love to see the ratio of reactions from both sexes; as women seem to be grossed out, but I'd like to assume most guys would either stifle laughing or just smile and keep the thoughts in their head.

Comment

As a cab driver, I used to get a LOT. Whenever I get those crazy sex stories - I would interject into the story towards the end and exclaim "That was YOU?!?"

The customers usually break into laughter and tip pretty well.
              The ones who don't usually get really quiet and look at me, wondering if I was really there...

Their stories amused the hell out of me - I'd just go home and share them with friends to freak them out. :evil:

Comment

Quoth Kaibutsu View Post
                As a cab driver, I used to get a LOT. Whenever I get those crazy sex stories - I would interject into the story towards the end and exclaim "That was YOU?!?"
                I'll have to remember that one .

It's funny how many share stories which should be kept within their home or at least with their therapist, though.

Comment

"pics or it didn't happen"

but then i guess the real response should be
                  there's some people with issues that medication, therapy or a baseball bat just can't cure

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
                    These are awesome stories! I'd love to see the ratio of reactions from both sexes; as women seem to be grossed out, but I'd like to assume most guys would either stifle laughing or just smile and keep the thoughts in their head.
                    well when a guy I know found out how much I made as a stripper per night his reaction was simply WOW!

yes I made serious bank, know your crowd, pander like hell,* and it helps to be just outside the gates of a military training base

*made the most dressed as Agent Scully, or Trinity from the matrix
                    Last edited by BlaqueKatt; 02-21-2013, 11:42 PM.
                    Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Working...
                    X