X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• worlds worst tattoo - fixed!

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-livin...182335990.html

Wow. Remember the "bad tattoo" one where someone had a picture of a pretty girl in a tiara & dress... and the tattoo of it made her look like a creepy-grinned old hag?

Twelve hours ago the fixed tattoo (along side the original image) was posted online at the tattoo artist's FB page. The fix is BEAUTIFUL! Gone is the line-drawing (an "abomination" according to the artist) and in it's place is a shaded portrait of the woman that closely matches the photograph.

Oh and ... the artist made the tattoo a gift so that the man could find closure. All that beautiful work and made it free.

Edit: changed the link cos the FB one went dead.
    Last edited by PepperElf; 02-23-2013, 02:03 PM.

WOW. the After is so beautiful and you can see her smile glowing. The first one was just...oh dear...
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Wow, even more now that there's a back story behind it. Makes the tattoo even more special.

Man wins one free internet and a life supply of bacon.

Comment

When I click the link it says "content currently unavailable".

Edit: found another link if anyone else has the same issue: Yahoo! News

Comment

I always felt bad for that guy...the new version is great though. I'd actually heard of Scott Versago before (a couple friends from Ohio have his work inked on them), so it's great to hear he's getting some good recognition from there.
          "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
          "What IS fun to fight through?"
          "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

I changed the link from the FB to a news link cos the FB link died.

the original tattoo artist apparently had this to say about his "work"
            Foust told Shine: "This was my very first portrait tattoo done years ago. I've since moved forward, improved my skills, and my work has been featured in magazines."
            Yeah. I'm not sure that's going to matter much to the guy when he paid you $450 for *that*

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
            I always felt bad for that guy...the new version is great though. I'd actually heard of Scott Versago before (a couple friends from Ohio have his work inked on them), so it's great to hear he's getting some good recognition from there.
            I'm thinking this is also going to get them a lot of business. Better than any advertising.
            Last edited by PepperElf; 02-23-2013, 02:08 PM.

Comment

that's an amazing coverup! Glad it turned out OK in the end!

Comment

A lovely story and what a wonderful job. Had no idea about the story behind the tattoo before but it makes it all the more unfortunate that some amateur would take on something with such a special meaning and mess it up that badly. Glad the guy finally has the tattoo he should have had.

Comment

Working...
                X