This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "As many as you can send comfortable."

I'm covering at the same hospital where I had my little emergency that warranted a trip to the ER last month. Yes, this time I remembered my water bottle and have *not* had a repeat.

However, I did get an order for some 2-part NCR (carbonless) forms. Except that the requestor did nto specify anywhere how many copies of each form she needed.

Obviously there's no way I can just guess this. For one thing, in my experience, these sorts of forms are needed in widely varying amounts depending on the department. Sometimes they need 50, sometimes hundreds or even thousands.

Also, NCR paper is very expensive. Usually there's an added charge of $0.05 per sheet of NCR paper in addition to the cost of the "click" on the copier. And since at minimum 2 sheets are required per form, that means a $0.10 charge at least for each one, so I really can't fudge this.

I emailed the requestor and several hours later got a reply. Get a load of this:

no specific number of copies needed,just as many as you can send comfortable,thank you for you time..
    I'm not even sure what that means. My best guess is she means as many as can be comfortably delivered by the mailroom people, but even that really doesn't help because they have carts, and can confortably deliver quite a lot.

Part of me is tempted to just give her a full case of each (10,000 sheet total, for a $500 extra charge) just to teach her a lesson but I doubt that would go over well with the account manager.

I have emailed her back asking if 100 each is ok.

Oh, and when she put her extension in the email, she put the wrong one. Only 3 digits instead of 4.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
    Oh, and when she put her extension in the email, she put the wrong one. Only 3 digits instead of 4.
    Aren't all cartoon characters built that way?
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Send Comfortable?

What, she expects people to stick them up their ass for transport?!

"Well, I can do 75, but 76 is just to tight off a fit, causes me to walk funny"
      Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Call me suspicious, but my guess is that the requester KNEW that there was a significant charge for NCR forms, wanted more than she actually NEEDED "just to be safe, and wanted the blame for the expenditure to fall on someone else. She gives a vague number, and you send her fewer sets than she needed? You catch hell from her for not sending what she needed. You send more sets than she actually needs? You catch hell from the beancounters for wasting money. Great way to shift the blame.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

The most comfortable number to send is zero. Please let me know if you need a specific number of copies.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

no specific number of copies needed,just as many as you can send comfortable,thank you for you time..
            You’ve got to be kidding me. I’ve been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It’s just common sense.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
              The most comfortable number to send is zero. Please let me know if you need a specific number of copies.
              I like this response the best.
              Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                i love it!

Oh and ....
                "Your number seems to be missing a digit. Please reply with your correct phone number."

cos yeah it sounds like they want to pawn off their job

Comment

I've had people ask me if they can just run their ad "until the item sells." Well, not really. Why not? Because you're prepaying and the price depends on how many days it runs!!
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                    You’ve got to be kidding me. I’ve been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It’s just common sense.
                    I read this after coming home from a Scotch tasting and thought I'd had waaaay too much tasting.

Comment

Working...
                    X