This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Ghel View Post
    The local mayor (that's right, mayor) is always drenched in perfume. The last time she came in, I had a sinus headache, so I didn't smell it. But my eyes were burning.
    Could be worse. It could've been the former mayor of a city near me, who was always drenched in booze.

One thing Moon Unit was good for was telling me all about what was going on with that guy. She lived in his city. It was...humorous.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I've been noticing an epidemic of this lately. If I can still smell your perfume 5 minutes after you've left the aisle, you're wearing too much. And I'm not so quiet about voicing my displeasure anymore.

Quoth Food Lady View Post
      I don't like to smell like anything, bo or otherwise. If I do, it's the faint smell of the oils/herbs in my hair. (I do all-natural stuff, like catnip. I wonder why cats don't follow me?)
      My hair smells like my conditioner. But, you pretty much have to get your nose in my hair to smell it. (Lush solid conditioner that smells like vanilla and jasmine with a little coconut oil, lemon, and lime.)
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth ozcatbug View Post
        It took her seeing the doctor for a persistent rash on her neck (who would have thought dousing your neck in chemicals would lead to irritation) before she started to tone it down. Even got a bottle to last 6 weeks.
        That doesn't surprise me. I've also heard of something involving the sprayed body parts being more sensitive to light.
        As for the "expensive" perfume, if it's a particular scent, I can understand why it would be expensive! For instance, I have 2 favourite scents: SJP NYC and YSL Babydoll. The latter is something like $85-$120 for a bottle (I tend to cheat and go for the cheap-knockoffs if I'm desperate) while the former goes for around $30-$50.

Quoth PepperElf View Post
        I'm sure someone out there likes floral candles. But bleh.. they smelled like strong perfume. we ended up getting some beach-like scents (coconut, some kind of margarita and something else that was tropical etc).
        I've been careful sniffing the candles in Dusk (candle store). They can range from super-strong to not-so-strong. I've had to avoid all of their "destination" ones as they smell horrible. (Dusk are known for having particular "collections" including aromatherapy and destinations among others. Some are scented, some aren't.)
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

We occasionally get people who stink of BO but every single day I get at least one person who smells to high heaven of weed. The smell is vile, it lingers in the shop well after they have left and air freshener doesn't work either.

Comment

Is it just me, or does BO smell like spice? Not a specific one, maybe a dark brown one? but a spicy one? (and when I inhale I see little white sparks, shush). I'm not talking about the stale ciggy haven't bathed in a week stink like garbage. I'm talking about a day, maybe two? of self.
            And I will inhale BO better than over-scented perfumes. Even the scented candles, makeup, other very personal items - I can't take them. A person who had a lot of laundry detergent scent in their shirt, I had to walk around them. Anyone with perfume HAS to be super super light, and sometimes even those super light ones don't work with me.

Sometimes I hate my nose. It's sensitive as in picking up smells all around me, and at a distance; and being able to identify it. Along with that, so many scents set my migraine off it is annoying as fuck.
            In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
            She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Der Cute -- I can certainly see someone who is in that state smelling of sweat or musk, potentially. Maybe that's what it was. PS, do you have a link to the full-size version of your "Human v1.1" avatar, please? Seems like it might be an interesting read.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I hate it when the high school kids come in and they think that the most awesome thing in the world to do is start playing with the perfume in cosmetics. I had one group come through my line one night and they tried so many different sorts of perfumes and colognes that I could smell them...4 people back. Not to mention the cloud that lingered for a good half an hour after they left.

Comment

Quoth Gibbo View Post
                  We occasionally get people who stink of BO but every single day I get at least one person who smells to high heaven of weed. The smell is vile, it lingers in the shop well after they have left and air freshener doesn't work either.
                  You will see me holding my breath when I get around someone like that. I'm allergic to marijuana. My eyes swell shut. Found that out when the people behind us at a Huey Lewis & the News concert were smoking it (my first concert ever).
                  It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Got another stinker today. She got offended when I started to cough because she was wearing so much that I INHALED it and my lungs decided "Oh, oh HELL'S TO THE NO!"

My Boss (yes, the awesome Boss) came out to see what the problem was, saw me tearing up and hacking up a lung and pretty much told the lady to take her cigs and get out before she kills his employees.
                    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
                    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Eric: just a generic pic. Here. http://www.funnyjunk.com/funny_pictu...93/Human+v1.1/
                      In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                      She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                        You will see me holding my breath when I get around someone like that. I'm allergic to marijuana. My eyes swell shut. Found that out when the people behind us at a Huey Lewis & the News concert were smoking it (my first concert ever).
                        So I guess that means you....want a new drug?

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I cannot stand this sort of thing, either x.x Fortunately, I have never had to deal with friends who OD on it, and it's been years since I had a custy like this. UNfortunately, I've had the occasional relative do it, in a situation where it was clear that to criticize them would mean instant death >_>

Der Cute - Thanks! That's awesome I had better go download that patch, I have suffered from that third one for-- *walks into next room* -- Wait, what was I looking for? o_O;>
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Der Cute View Post
                            Is it just me, or does BO smell like spice? Not a specific one, maybe a dark brown one? but a spicy one? (and when I inhale I see little white sparks, shush). I'm not talking about the stale ciggy haven't bathed in a week stink like garbage. I'm talking about a day, maybe two? of self.
                            I get the smell of sweet vinegar in those cases (from other people and myself).

I used to have a boss who you could tell when she was going out of an evening : She'd use the bathroom to refresh and the whole floor of the building (four rooms) would have a fine mist everywhere.

I do currently have one worse: Menthol! Hubby and friends have started using menthol throat sweets due to bad colds etc. Those things make my eyes burn and my sinuses swell even across a room. And yet no one else can smell/feel it at all. I've had headaches for the last three weeks because Hubby is mainlining these things all evening.
                            I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
                              Got another stinker today. She got offended when I started to cough because she was wearing so much that I INHALED it and my lungs decided "Oh, oh HELL'S TO THE NO!"
                              Um yeah, she's offending everyone else by marinating in Eau de Chernobyl ($1.50 a gallon), but yet she's offended when someone who's sensitive to fragrance has problems?
                              Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
                              My Boss (yes, the awesome Boss) came out to see what the problem was, saw me tearing up and hacking up a lung and pretty much told the lady to take her cigs and get out before she kills his employees.
                              Your boss rocks! The icing on the cake would've been offering her a bar of soap.
                              Quoth Der Cute View Post
                              Oh, I like that! Too bad such a patch doesn't actually exist, I'd want one!
                              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                              My LiveJournal
                              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

We used to have this one insurance agent who, we think, bathed in perfume. She'd come into the building and you could smell her on the second floor. Dad would open the window in his office to let all the stink out otherwise I think his office would've gone up in a ball of flames as soon as he lit his pipe.
                                Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Working...
                                X