This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Val Market... was this picky?

Just got home from this, so if this is colored, or at all a sucky customer being a mite unreasonable, you're free to smack me. I expect it.

I just got home from an outting with my BF, sodas at Mcca Dee's and decided to get some candy on the way home (chocolate, I know I'm healthy. :P )

We made the mistake and thought that the store closed at 11, not 10... so we dashed in at 9:50 about, at least we knew what we were looking for, grabbed it and ran to the customer service desk, because everyone decided to wait until the store closing announcement to bring their frikking full to the brim carts to the register. There was only a lady and a son with a few items ahead of her at the desk, compared to the massive wait elsewhere.

I'm standing in the rather nebulous, marked by the barriers, line at the desk with my BF when he decides to head to Electronics, step a foot out of line and I have to pull him back in, reminding him Electronics had already closed. An employee who was standing right next to us stated the same, and asked us what we were looking for. We said we only had the one item, pulled up the bag of candy in demonstration, and then I told BF that we were just best waiting here anyways. So, while I'm still in line and BF, with the candy, is just a step outside the barriers, he steps infront of us with his purchases and then has a nice chat with the cashier! We didn't get out until 10:20 or so, and we'd been waiting there since 10 sharp.

I was curious if I was being a little over the top in my reaction (I didn't say or do anything but be quiet and nice, but I sure sat and steamed over it), but I just wanted to go home, and thought we'd be quicker that way. Instead we had Mr. Hit On The Female Employee infront of us.

Wait. Who stepped in front of you? The employee? Another customer? I'm a bit confused, but I'd be POed either way. Especially since the cashier has to realize she had a line and kept you waiting for 20 minutes.

Comment

Kinda hard to tell from the description, but do you think the employee thought you two were going to do more shopping? Maybe only heard bits of you talking with BF and thought you weren't done? I'd guess not, probably didn't care what with needing to get his chat on, but a possibility. Still, I don't think I'd have waited 20 minutes for a ring-up, especially behind someone who essentially cut.

Comment

Quoth Draco View Post
        Wait. Who stepped in front of you? The employee? Another customer? I'm a bit confused, but I'd be POed either way. Especially since the cashier has to realize she had a line and kept you waiting for 20 minutes.
        I was wondering the same thing.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
          Kinda hard to tell from the description, but do you think the employee thought you two were going to do more shopping? Maybe only heard bits of you talking with BF and thought you weren't done? I'd guess not, probably didn't care what with needing to get his chat on, but a possibility. Still, I don't think I'd have waited 20 minutes for a ring-up, especially behind someone who essentially cut.
          If any other lines were open, we would have gone there. It was down to three open registers and the service desk, and most everyone who was there at the registers at 10 was still there when we left at 10:20, their carts were that full, so we were still lucky getting where we got.

I didn't think he would think we had more shopping, though, when we held up the bag of candy to show to directly to the guy and said "Just this one item," and got back in line.

I'm steaming over whether to report the incident or not.

Comment

I think you should report it.
            I would have not-so-gently put (but not slammed) the bag of candy on the counter and walked out past them and got my choco-fix elsewhere. There is no reason to do non-transactions when there is any kind of a line. Especially when the co-workers are getting slammed at their tills.
            But then, I can be passive aggressive.
            "If you find yourself fantasizing about throwing actual users into a blender, please get help... they're heavy." - Tom Dickson

Comment

that's rather sucky of him.
              the store was close to closing, you made a point of *not* going to a closed dept and ... he picked NOW to jump in front of you to chitchat?

why the heck would he do that unless he didn't want to get out on time?

Comment

Wow, it's almost like he went out of his way to be inconsiderate. It's bad enough when people stop to chit chat with the Cashiers, but this guy actually cut in front of you, turning what would have been a simple transaction into a 30 minute wait. Also sucks for the cashier since he had to stay past closing. How stupid can people be?

Comment

Did she sound like she was enjoying the convo or was she just trying to not make a scene?

Comment

Working...
                  X